811& 211 DP34 checkswitch problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

welshboy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Nebraska
I disconnected my 811 and on reconnection did a check switch. Only recognized 119 (not 110 & 105). Substituted 211 no problem. Put 211 back in original location and did a checkswitch. Now it has the same problem! Units are about 70' & 50' from switch( with a inline terminal block). Problem solved by moving both units to within 3' of the DP34 and doing checkswitch there. On putting units back in original locations they worked fine. Appears checkswitch cannot drive into long lines with 811 or 211, but once set up actual satellite signal works fine. Incidentally, my 311 will set up on the long lines no problem

50' and 70' are not long runs of cable from the receiver to switch. That's pretty standard, and I would not worry unless there is more that 200 feet total between receivers and the dish. I would be more concerned as to wether that inline coupler (ground block or barrel connection?) is rated for 2 ghz.

Thanks for the feedback. There is actually a ground block and a barrel connector in each line. I have ordered 3GHz ground blocks and will remove the barrel connectors and change out the standard RG6 coax to 3Ghz sweeped RG6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)