crazy problem with my new 811 HD box....not getting TNTHD or HBOHD?!?!

sicilianoWU

Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
So the guy came and installed the 811 box yesterday, i am in a townhouse complex so there is a central dish on top of the clubhouse.... Anyways, I ordered the HD package and i have HBO already so i should get HBO HD....the problem is the guide DOES NOT EVEN SHOW these 2 channels at all, they are supposed to be 9420 (TNTHD) and 9456 (HBOHD). They do not show up at all, the ones that do show up are 9421-9424. I tried to do several QAM scans and it didnt fix the problem, i also reset the box and got dish network to send a reauthorization and it didnt fix it. I have no idea why this isnt working, i even checked the frequency these 2 are on (which is 513 and is the same for both HBOHD and TNTHD) and it shows signal strength at 78%....anyone else had this problem??

Did you have a HD package active before Feb 1st with dish before you tried to add the 811?
If not Dish will not activate an mpeg 2 receiver as an HD receiver unless you have an mpeg 4 receiver & one of the metal HD packages after Feb 1st.

Jordan420 said:
Did you have a HD package active before Feb 1st with dish before you tried to add the 811?
If not Dish will not activate an mpeg 2 receiver as an HD receiver unless you have an mpeg 4 receiver & one of the metal HD packages after Feb 1st.
He is getting all the channels in the HD pack, except TNTHD. So what you mentionedi s not the problem.

Robert you are correct, I missed that he was receiving some, but not all his HD channels

I do not understand what the OP means by "QAM scan" though, could mean channel scan, but that only applies to OTA channels

Last edited:
The 811 receiver has a QAM mode available for the satellite tuner. It is used for multi-story or MDU using a single cable to the receiver. The OP mentioned he lived in a Townhouse with a centrally located dish that feeds the entire property.

TNT-HD and HBO-HD are on the same transponder (along with PPV-HD). You need to call whoever maintains the system at your MDU. There could be a problem with the unit that converts the satellite transponder to a QAM channel. You might also have an off the air channel broadcasting on or near the frequency of the QAM channel (shielding problem).

Dave

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)