811/522 dark difference

geoffe

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I can pop back and forth between my 811 and my 522 and, as all have confirmed, the 811 is dark. Some shows, Sopranos and Deadwod for instance, are too dim to watch. Has anyone successfully cancelled a Dish contract because of bad 811 performance?

Geoff

I think it may be possible to get out of the HD Pack commitment, if you take your complaints to a higher level than your basic CSR. But, you better do it quickly, since they supposedly have a fix coming down the pike any day now. (Although, I've heard that song before.)

geoffe said:
I can pop back and forth between my 811 and my 522 and, as all have confirmed, the 811 is dark. Some shows, Sopranos and Deadwod for instance, are too dim to watch. Has anyone successfully cancelled a Dish contract because of bad 811 performance?

Geoff

By the way... this same complaint (Sopranos and Deadwood being too dark), is mentioned on AVS forum frequently, by owners of nearly every brand STB.

I have no problem with these two shows on the 811, but I image they would probably be unviewable over the svideo connection, with it's loss of detail in dark scenes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)