811 Adjust function

bjohn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I was trying to center the picture on my tv using the 811's adjust fuction in the menu.
It seems to move up and down a little.
but going sideways doesn't seem to do anything. the screen flickers if you move it sideways, but nothing happens.

Is it just me?
Do I have a bad 811?

Try useing the "Format Button" on your remote! This adjust the the screen modes on your TV.Also when you are watching HD set it to 1080 and SD set it to 480.

bjohn said:
I was trying to center the picture on my tv using the 811's adjust fuction in the menu.
It seems to move up and down a little.
but going sideways doesn't seem to do anything. the screen flickers if you move it sideways, but nothing happens.

Is it just me?
Do I have a bad 811?

bjohn,

It is not just you. I experience the same thing. I have my Samsung DLP hooked up via DVI and it does the same thing, just flickers on the screen, but nothing moves. When I first had it hooked up via component, I remember it did move the picture, maybe something with the pure digital from the DVI, are you using DVI?

Well if the format does not help then might be a setting on the set! What is the model??

info

I have the 6100 wich is your 811 version and I to have the issue you describe when using the DVI IN jack.

Must use the TV for aligning the screen image center dislocated by the differences of various HDMI or DVI signal sources.

I think there is two formats 861B, If you experience not aligned screen image center when the HDMI/DVI IN jack on the rear of your TV is used for external device, switch the setting to SMPTE.

Again this is only if your TV has such a function :( other wise switch back to the component cables to centre.

Yes, I'm using DVI.

Poke,
What me and the others are trying to do is center the "normal" image on the screen.

When I leave the image on normal, i can definetly see that it is not centered.

The geometry on your set is off. I'm not sure of any sets (Just checked a plasma) that allow east west adjustment. I'll check my RPTV tonight with the 811

I have a Sony KP46WT510. When I use the antenna connection in the back and use the "normal" mode on the TV, it is definelty centered on the screen.

It's only the 811's picture that's not centered.

At home on OTA and SD, in the normal mode, the east-west adjust worked fine. On HD channels showing 4:3, in the normal mode, the adjust mode did not work (i didn't expect it to). If you hold the button down in OTA or SD, you should see slow persistant movement.

I tried the adjust on a Sony Grand Wega. It did not like the attempt and, not only did the image not change on DVI, t flickered, stuttered, stammered, and would black out It worked fine on component on both HD and SD

So we got one person that it works for with DVI.
I guess for everyone else, it doesn't work with DVI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)