811 and 921

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Just called dish and now they tell me that i cant order 811 untill dec.2 and it will be next year before i can get the 921.
What gives

Call back again and you will hear something else

the CSR's are dumb. I wonder if they all have there green cards ?

I thought that was true about ordering from Dish CSR, not until next year. What they are not telling you is you can order it through your local dealer but may have to wait anyway until next year as local dealers are on a long waiting list for the people who orderd before you. People at the top of those dealer's lists may indeed get receivers next week. I'll bet Scott is at the top of the list. Get in line with your local dealer or order from Scott's. He has a waiting list too! :( MY dealer told me Dish's policy is to have all dealer back orders filled before selling direct to you, thus the reason for the answer "next year"

Just FYI we have an order in for 811's and expect to have units in our warehouse on Tuesday.

We will probably start calling people to get their shipping information and payment information tommorow after we get the shipping confirmation from our Distributer.

Scott,

What zip code do you ship out of, and why isn't mine here yet??? :D

Also, for that matter, do you have sufficient 811s to take care of your preorder list?

Cheers,

John we wont know that til tommorow, we ordered more then we had on our pre order list.

We are hoping they will fill our entire order.

All orders are shipped from 48234.

Scott,

Thanks for the info, obviously some of the info you won't know until they tell you how many units you'll be receiving of your order :D

Best,

Hey Scott, is that 25% discount for PUB members still in place?
Just kidding, folks :twisted: :p :D

I am new to this site but I have been reading the site since I found it about 4 weeks ago. Since I read about the 811s going to the distributors last week I called my local retailer. She ordered one from her distributor for me on Friday and told me she will call as soon as it comes in. Her business location is 5 blocks from mine and I hope to get mine before wenesday. if you have not already preordered from Scott either do that or call you local dealer as soon as you can this week. Good Luck :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

OK, $399 for a flat out purchase no strings attached...
But are any deals going to be available, such as
$299 with one year commitment maybe?

Zvogt,
There is a FREE 811 for one year commitment for new subscribers...

Actually I think Scotts "Free Dish" promotion gives you an 811 for 39.99 and you get a 49.99 first month credit -> so they're actually paying you $10 to take an 811.

Disclaimer: This is for new Dish subscribers only. One year commitment for AT50 or higher... blah blah blah.

Chris

Forget about it.. they already have you.

I'd guess mid-next year for existing customer promotions, maybe/maybe not. Considering they just did a big one for the 6000, that was probably to pacify everyone who MIGHT want an 811...

Chris

I don't know why I'm giving E* so much benefit of doubt... I should mostly leap to VOOM just to spite them. VOOM, if you're listening, offer a self-install option and I'll leap today.

You could do what I did - cancel, than call back 3 months later screaming that they don't offer existing customer promotions...

They are at least willing to bend a little in that circumstance - or if your monthly bill is large enough you can threaten to cancel by calling them, they'll transfer you to a retention csr who will offer you at least one month free - explain to them why you are leaving, tell them you'll pony up the $399 if they'll give you two months free. If your monthly bill is $50-$60 it will be like getting $100-$120 off the receiver price...

Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)