811 and replay tv ?

I too use the 775 IR code with the RTV E*6000 combo. Works fine. You can tweak the settings for the IR on a hidden settings screen on the RTV. If you want I can mess with it and advise how to get to it.

The only problem I have with the combo is that there is a delay in sound through the RTV. Prior to the RTV I had both SD and HD outputs of the 6000 to the same input # on my TV. Toggling the SD\HD remote button was all that was needed to switch. HD is still direct from the 6000 but SD goes through the RTV. I can't have both on the same TV input as the sound routed through the RTV is delayed to the HD video that does not go through the RTV. I now have to toggle inputs on the TV and the SD\HD remote button. Not as clean as without the RTV in the loop.

The recording of HD via s-video to the RTV is very good at High quality. Of course it is not HD but almost as good as DVD.

I got a UIC 6131 universal remote ($17) wich has DVR functions and buttons and I programmed in the 6000 and moved and reassigned buttons to make it very WAF appropriate.

I too am getting an 811 and expect to keep the RTV in the loop. A difference will be that the 811 outputs SD and HD simultaneously. This will reduce the switching to HD to just a one button change of input on the TV.

I used my panasonic dmr30 before the replay, it had noticably better picture on the ram discs at sp and a tiny bit better at xp. The replay is more flexable and Im used to my 501. Have had no probs with sound delay but I either watch HD directly or down rezzed thru the replay with audio thru my audio system. I have the replay thru my component 2 input, hd is thru c-1. So far have not needed to tweak the IR settings. (Kinda like not having my 501 do strange things when I change channels on my 6000:) have my local dishnet dealer checking on 921 ava so replay may be relegated to dvarchive stuff and backups. (have it networked with 2 pc's) And it could see bedroom duty with the 6000 if I do get the 921.

Another thing to consider...

I use the OTA tuner of the RTV for my SD locals. The guide is alot better. The guide does not have all my local digitals. Even the ones it does have are on their actual broadcast channel and not the mapped channel. This causes difficulty in recording digital locals.

I havn't done it yet but if I want to use the RTV with digital locals I think I will have to switch the RTV inputs to use the E* locals and I would have to remove the SD locals from the sat receiver guide (or Favorites).

For example, I would set the RTV to record West Wing on channel 2. When the record timer trips it enters 002 (a setting in the RTV IR settings) to the E* box via the IR blaster. The E* box guide having no channel 2 would tune to 2.1.

Clear as mud?

Mine's worked since day one ( two RTV5504s + 811 & an ancient 1000). Haven't missed a single program & have had no other problems since taking all non-subscribed programming out of my RTV's guide.

ROLLTIDE said:
How did you get the Replay remote to work with the 811 ?
As with any SA-DVR, you never directly control your satellite receiver with your DVR's remote. All commands are sent to your 811 from your ReplayTV via the included infrared emitter that should be affixed to the right side of the center button array on your 811. The other end of the emitter of course plugs into the jack marked "IR blaster" on the rear of your ReplayTV.

775 blaster code works with my 6000, but last week I hooked it up to my hughes D* reciever, have not gotten it to work quite right yet. Be ready for a delay when you use your regular remote for any purpose. (hooked my 6000 back up directly to my panny dvd recorder for survivor season:) )

ROLLTIDE said:
How do I changed the remote control address ?
If you're talking about making the silver ReplayTV remote control your 811, it doesn't work that way-all commands are relayed from your Replay to your 811 via the IR blaster. You never see your 811's native guide. If you're talking about programming the remote to control your television's power and volume, press and hold the mute & power buttons until the LED blinks twice, and enter the 4-digit code that corresponds with your brand of display as listed either online or pages 26-28 of the user's guide

Replay 3030 with Dish 811

I have the Dish 811 and am getting tired of waiting for the 921 for my theater room. So, I tried to hook up my Replay 3030 and can't get the IR to work. What's the code? 0775? Does that turn the 811 on/off or just for changing the channels? Of course, this is just interim until the 921 ships again!!!

retsef said:
I have the Dish 811 and am getting tired of waiting for the 921 for my theater room. So, I tried to hook up my Replay 3030 and can't get the IR to work. What's the code? 0775? Does that turn the 811 on/off or just for changing the channels? Of course, this is just interim until the 921 ships again!!!

Is "interim" Greek for "a really really long time"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)