811 and sound problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goredie

Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
I just got my dish installed today and everything is working fine on the HD end but the sound. I have the video connected to the tv and audio going to my surround sound. The problem is the audio is about a second off from the video.

I have tried every possible combination to get this to work but it just won't.

Anybody else have the same problem?

Are you sure the sound is behind the video and not the video being behind the sound?

What kind of TV you have?

There are some tvs that have a delay issue or your audio receiver could have a problem.

does changing the channel fix it?

I have an advent television. Now that I look at it again the video is behind the sound. I can hear what they are saying about a second before they say it. Really annoying to say the least.

Changing the station does not help at all. HD channels are the worse or maybe it just because I can see much clearer on them.

My tv has a headphone jack and just to see I connected my computer speakers to them and I have no problem with the delay so I am assuming its my audio receiver.

Yea it still happends.

I think it may be my receiver. It's a bit crappy. Its a GE DVD player and Home theatre system in one.

What audio receiver do you guys use?

I have no idea. I guess I should just buy another receiver. What would you recommend. My price range is about $150.00-200.00.

goredie said:
I have no idea. I guess I should just buy another receiver. What would you recommend. My price range is about $150.00-200.00.

Denon, Onkyo or Yamaha are my favorites but you would have to spend around $300 for an entry level one. Here is a Pioneer in your price range. Good luck.

PIONEER VSX-D514K

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts