811 Audio loss during recording DVD

blfuller

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Washington State
I am aware that this is a bug with the 811 but I was wondering how often this happens to others. I tried twice recording a program unattended on HBO and both times the audio has dropped about 3/4 through the program. I have rev 2.81 of the firmware, is the new 2.82 version going to correct this? I am using the S-video output on the 811 to the DVD recorder, does this possibly affect this anomoly? Thanks.

This is a new one. I haven't heard of an audio loss problem with the 811. I've never had any audio trouble with mine. I've had it since last December so I been through all of the revisions and am now at 2.82.

Revised for clarity

I have had a lot of audio drop out on my 811. It seems to go in cycles. The wife recorded ER last week and the audio dropped out after 1/3 of the program.

Also had to reboot several times yesterday (11/27) for some reason.

P2.82 still has the problem.

This was on DVD. Haven't tried it on VHS tape. Seems to be intermittent, recorded Master and Commander on HBO and it worked fine. Never have had the audio turn off while watching.

If it is a Panasonic DVD recorder, you may be able to eliminate audio recording bugs by going into the recorder's option menu and changing your audio options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)