811 being replaced, with 381???

derekcentrico

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Florida
So DISH has sent out a replacement for my defective 811 I bought on Ebay. It will arrive tomorrow, weather permitting.

Anyway, my main concern is will it be able to show the HD television shows from DISH? It seems to have the same DVI output that this one has. My TV is a 1080p and I'll get a DVI->HDMI cable.

I'm just wondering if it will work? It seems what I have read is that it only shows HD from OTA rather than DISH transmissions...

I feel screwed at this point.

Well that just extends a 2 year commitment by only 7 months since my wife had some upgrade.

Hooray.

But, that just pissed me off that DISH has turned into Cox Cable as far as trying to screw the customer.

I've always liked their services. Oh well.

Now to figure out how to design that balcony mount for my sister's townhouse. Has to be something...

Don't have a DISH purchased to mount yet. Something else to shop for.

Well that just extends a 2 year commitment by only 7 months since my wife had some upgrade.

Hooray.

But, that just pissed me off that DISH has turned into Cox Cable as far as trying to screw the customer.

I've always liked their services. Oh well.

Now to figure out how to design that balcony mount for my sister's townhouse. Has to be something...

Don't have a DISH purchased to mount yet. Something else to shop for.

Why are you pissed at DISH when you bought a useless brick off of eBay? A defective one, at that. (Which Dish is replacing, by the way.)

At least that's how I'm reading this.

Nah, it's not that. I was more-or-less annoyed that the tech said he was going to comp out an HD one, and then I was sent an SD.

Then calling in, it took a bit of discussion to get a replacement. But, they still wanted the brick that I bought on top of the SD replacement I was sent.

So, to me it seemed awkward for that stipulation. So after not receiving what I had expected and then hearing that, was the only issue.

But no worries at all...

Nah, I agree. Again, I should say that the situation and being told something that wasn't done annoyed me as my job-life is based on developing better customer service and advising on those grounds... But I do appreciate that they are working with me. However, they gave me an HD deal that would have been available in the beginning when I originally asked for a new receiver... This is after I spent an extra $50 or so on Ebay. That is my key beef.

Anyway, the Ebay guy yeah douche but that's life.

Most of my anti-Dish rhetoric was just sarcasm at the whole deal. It's not anything major. And, I don't think they could ever be as crappy as Cox Cable was... But, that's just me.

Now, if anyone has some mounting solutions, feel free to spit some out at http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/201217-how-mount-balcony.html#post2089917 where I provided some images. Want to figure out a good way to get the DISH placed 1-2ft off the overhang to get around the wall on the left side of the images.

:)

I understand your annoyance in that if Dish said they would comp an HD, then they should have done that. Dish does need to get its signals straight, for you are not the only one who has been told--or promised--one thing from a CSR, then found out that they aren't doing that after all, and "the CSR was wrong." I like Dish well enough, but I am not going to make excuses for their lack of continuity such as in your situation, and this forum is full of such postings.

Well, good luck.

Thanks all for advice on the original point of the matter.

Hopefully the snow/ice will be cleared so UPS can make a delivery of a new device Monday or Tuesday...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)