811 Controlled by someone else

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aware

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Houston
My 811 seems to be effected by another Dish Network remote in my area. This is really frustrating when the channel starts changing during something interesting. I tried a search before I posted this topic and nothing seemed to fit. Any suggestions?

-Press SysInfo on the receiver and it will display the remote address.
-Press and hold the SAT button for about 3 seconds.
-Enter a number 1-16 and press #
-The number will change in the SysInfo screen and press record.
-Press Select to exit the screen.

If I were you, just look for the manual online and look for the procedure.

Ok, here it's the manual (Page 15 of the manual, page 20 of the PDF doc):

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/811/DISH_811_User_Guide.pdf

Edited the steps to change the remote.

The only problem I see happening is you end up doing the same thing to the other customers reciever.

Your really going to want to find out which neibhour has the same receiver and get them to turn theres off or the cycle is just going to repeat if your close enough to them when they call Dish to get help reprograming there remote.

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
The only problem I see happening is you end up doing the same thing to the other customers reciever.

Your really going to want to find out which neibhour has the same receiver and get them to turn theres off or the cycle is just going to repeat if your close enough to them when they call Dish to get help reprograming there remote.
If he also has a IR remote he could use it instead of the UHF then just change the address on the UHF. :)

When I change the remote address on one of my 811s, the other isn't affected. I think it must only affect the receiver when the SysInfo screen is active. I don't think he needs to bother the neighbors.

mdonnelly said:
When I change the remote address on one of my 811s, the other isn't affected. I think it must only affect the receiver when the SysInfo screen is active. I don't think he needs to bother the neighbors.
That is correct and I think it is the reason they put a sys info button on the front panel of all the new receiver models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)