811 dark image software update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'll confirm that SD channels via S-Video from my 811 are so dark that they are really not watchable. However, all channels via my DVI connection from my 811 have a darker caste than they did when I watched SD on the same Sammy HLN507W from an old 2700. I've had to make picture adjustments to compensate. The "Standard" setting on the Sammy is often too dark for some material, so I use "Dynamic" (usually just reserved for bright sun conditions in the house. I used to use the "Movie" setting for watching Starz and CM, but with the 811, they are just too dark now.

Just an 811 installed yesterday. Only using Component outs as I also have a 522 hooked up to same TV via Svideo.
Neither HD or the SD from the components on my 811 are dark. They both look very good actually. Also, when using 4:3x2 mode on the 811 and normal mode on my Samsung 4:3 HDTV, the image is just fine.
Program Guide sucks tho, that is my only issue.

Same here- 811 installed this morning. No dark picture using DVI. Spectacular picture. The guide when using picture-in-guide does hang... but thats just an irratation in my opinion. Tolerable.

811 almost installed this past Friday - worked until they activated my account. Then it came up with a "Serious" error message, # 301. Installer called tech support and was told that the unit was kaput. Anyone else had a similar problem. I wouldn't really care, but now not sure when I will see a new 811. My dealer has been pretty successful in getting them in on a regular basis, doesn not have one in stock now.

Does anyone know who makes the 811's for E* if there is more than one maker could that be why different people are not having all of these problems? Just a thought.

bryan92 said:
OTA digital ( we only get one out of Savannah ) channel.

Bryan
Hey I'm in Statesboro, waht is the OTA digital channel out of Savannah that you elude too. Is it HD ? And what antenna are you using to pick it up. Thanks for any info. :info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)