811 Existing Customers program status

dmodemd

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 1, 2003
I just called Dish and they are STILL taking orders for the 811 at $199/$149 for existing customers but they put you on a wait list and will call you when it comes in. You lock in the price but don't get charged for it yet.

Current wait time?

4-6 weeks!

OUCH!

Well she told me they will NOT charge you until after they call you back and place the order.

811 Offer Status

I just called Dish (1-800-333-3474) & spoke with Laura.
The 811 is available on a pre-order basis (4-6 week time frame),they will send you a post card & call when your 811 is ready for shipment.
No charge up front. Price is still $149.00 for existing customers.

I heard different.

Now I talked to a CSR yesterday that seemed like she knew what she was talking about/knew more than the other CSR I had talked to and said the sale of 811's had been postponed. I asked when the sale was starting again and she said "at the end of the week, so call back on friday or saturday." Now I'm hoping she is the one that is right because i want my 811 as soon as possible so I can watch the playoffs in HD.

I live in north central Illinois so if anyone in that area has any info on 811 availability please post.

I heard different.

Now I talked to a CSR yesterday that seemed like she knew what she was talking about/knew more than the other CSR I had talked to and said the sale of 811's had been postponed. I asked when the sale was starting again and she said "at the end of the week, so call back on friday or saturday." Now I'm hoping she is the one that is right because i want my 811 as soon as possible so I can watch the playoffs in HD.

I live in north central Illinois so if anyone in that area has any info on 811 availability please post.

It's possible that they have decided to first fix the zillion bugs that the 811 has and then restart selling it. Maybe some of the bugs the 811 has are hardware related and can't be fixed via software upgrades.

Nicu

Nicu said:
It's possible that they have decided to first fix the zillion bugs that the 811 has and then restart selling it. Maybe some of the bugs the 811 has are hardware related and can't be fixed via software upgrades.

Nicu

It does concern me that the dark video problem could be a hardware design error that can't be fixed in software. Surely someone at Dish tested the video before they sent the 811 out to customers? A HD box with an obvious video quality error? Makes you wonder what is going on at Dish.

I will give them to the end of January to fix the video. Or else take it back and let me know when the bugs are worked out.

Keith.

Charlie will probably mention it again on the Charlie Chat and they are expecting a lot of orders again.

The priority is to HD TV packages for new customers first... then to new customers, then to existing customers.

They made a MAJOR blunder in putting out the 199/149 deal to existing customers on day one. Why do that on a limited availability product is beyond me. I appreciate the deal, but from a business standpoint why do I have a nice new 811 (at a $-400 price considering the sale of my 6000), when new customers are put on hold...

I had my install set for this AM, they called last night to postpone (as I expected). They did charge my account $99 back on Dec. 23 when I ordered it (I assume the special to existing customers was $99/$199 at that time). I have not called back to reschedule yet... kind of waiting to hear if they are working on fixes. Am a little pissed they are using my money for who knows how long!

I still very concerned about the "Zillion" bugs inherent in the 811. I payed full price for my trusty 6000 and will keep w/ that receiver until I see more positive review for the 811.

It's a shame that this new generation unit is such a lemon....ahhh in my opinion.

Well, as to the dark picture problem, I got my 811 on December 12, with the first software, and had the dark picture problem on all outputs. With software updates, I now have the dark picture problem on S video output, but it has been corrected on component output. Others here have noted the same. So I am hoping it is a software problem, and that in the next software release they will have fixed the S video as well. -- Albert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)