811 for sale

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Hey folks. I have an 811 that DISH sent me as a replacement that doesn't have a remote (but can use the 6000, 301, 5xx) remote and would like to sell it. It doesn't have cables either. DISH sent it to me thinking my other 811 was messed up (their tech support sucks and there was nothing wrong with it) so its for sale rather than send it back to DISH. Please PM me with your price (reasonable)

Neutron said:
Hey folks. I have an 811 that DISH sent me as a replacement that doesn't have a remote (but can use the 6000, 301, 5xx) remote and would like to sell it. It doesn't have cables either. DISH sent it to me thinking my other 811 was messed up (their tech support sucks and there was nothing wrong with it) so its for sale rather than send it back to DISH. Please PM me with your price (reasonable)

So, let me see here. Dish sent you a replacement 811. You find that the original really wasn't broken after all. You think it's OK to sell the replacement rather than send it back to Dish. OH MY!!!!

Did Santa bring you coal for Christmas???

Dish WILL send you a box complete with prepaid postage you know. Also keep in mind that Dish knows what 811 they sent you and can and probably will deny activation for anyone but you. So, let's see, you can rip off Dish AND your potential buyer.

DISH said that if I didn't send it back to them that they would charge me $150 for it. I see this as a potential money making venture. If whomever gets it can't activate it for any reason I am an honest person they can just send it back to me for their money back. I AM NOT HERE TO RIP ANYONE OFF!!

Also, I have my other 811 on ebay for sale. I'm dropping back to my 510 and no longer need the 811 if anyone wants to do that. The one on ebay does have the remote and all cables (including DVI-D)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3068399034&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Seems to me that DISH is going to charge him 150 if he does not send it back. So pay DISH and sell it. Nothing wrong with this scenario other than almost anyone can buy new for the same price.

Nevermind!! Since so many of you think I'm ripping off DISH (even though they are going to charge me $150 for this) then I won't sell it, I will just ship it back to DISH and that will be one less 811 available by itself for under $400.

DISH is getting $150 from me for not shipping it back to them. They get their money on my bill. I figured since there is nothing wrong with the unit (crappy DISH tech support cant diagnose anything) then since the 811 is in short supply and you can only get it now for the MSRP or the HDTV-in-a-box deal then I could sell this one to someone on here for cheaper since it doesn't have the remote or cables.

Anyone who thinks I am ripping off DISH can just ignore this post. Anyone who wants to take advantage on this deal can PM me. Its that simple folks.

Why don't you kust E-Bay it. You'll probably get more for it and you won't have to keep defending yourself.

Thanks Neutron Don't let the trolls bother you

Why don't you check your PMs I want it ! and was the first person to pm you this morning

sparker said:
I just thought it sounded dishonest at first. But seeing that he has to pay DN $150 for it seems fair that he can sell it.

Since I started this tirade, let me agree with Sparker here. Neutron didn't say that he had a financial agreement with Dish in his first post. You pay the money, it's just fine to get what you can for it.

Everyone is making neutron out to be the bad guy, when it is Dish being so stupid as to only charge $150 for not returning it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts