811 freeze and reboot on OTA

yesheadlou

Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
My 811 with the latest software freezes when OTA channel starts to lock in. Then it reboots, acquires sat and downloads guide. Digital channel rescans, reboots and the other usual things we do to cure our 811 does not help. This was new to them, anyone else lucky like me? They said they will give info to software people, and to check back in 2 weeks.

I had similar issues for the first day after taking 3.35, but after several cycles of remove power for a minute or so and then reboot has gotten it much more stable. I also cleared all the OTA and rescanned as well. I've found it's more of an art than science following a software update with the 811. That's why I'm usually very late in taking updates. In fact I got 3.34 forced on me by Dish. I don't know why I jumped on the wagon so early this time. I think I'm losing it in my old age. :D

For the few days that I had an 811 with 3.35(I replaced it with a 942 yesterday) I had absolutely no problems with it, and I loved the added feature of being able to press a single number for channels(Ie 2 instead of 002).

dougruss said:
I had the same problem with my 811 after the newest software....had to Delete the OTA Channels...then do a "Channel Re-Scan", everything works well ( for Now) !

Hmph! I took the 3.35 update this week and have not had any problems with OTA digital channels. Instead, I've had problems with it locking up / "stuttering" on the Dish HD channels - HBO/SHO HD, HD Movienet and even TNT HD. Never did that until I upgraded to 3.35.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)