Skip or short freeze on live Hopper 3 viewing?

J_Smooth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Cedar Springs, MI
Has anyone encountered a slight freeze, then a quick catch up while watching live programming on your Hopper 3? It happens intermittently, maybe every 5-10 minutes, sometimes longer than that. Has been going on for several months, despite reboots, resets, unplugs, etc. I have a tech coming out Saturday, but wondered if anyone else had this issue and found a solution. The Hopper is about a year old, and I'm also using the Hopper + unit.

Did you pull the plug on the receiver and then wait a minute and plug it back in? This will clear out glitches usually. If it still is doing that you need a tech to come out and check on your sat dish install and receiver . You might have to replace the receiver if this is normal behavior on your set up.

Did you pull the plug on the receiver and then wait a minute and plug it back in? This will clear out glitches usually. If it still is doing that you need a tech to come out and check on your sat dish install and receiver . You might have to replace the receiver if this is normal behavior on your set up.
Yes, problem has been going on for several months, but I will try it again today in case that full reboot plays better with one of the more recent updates prior to the tech coming.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sound like the problem i had, except it only happen on the joey4k (both joey4k which attach you there own h3) it went away for while then came back then went away, usual around time "new" updates got pushed. I have had every piece of HW replaced from dish all down to 2 h3 and 2 joey4k.

It probably in same place the amazon app bug on clients. which is triage (limbo land)

Has anyone encountered a slight freeze, then a quick catch up while watching live programming on your Hopper 3? It happens intermittently, maybe every 5-10 minutes, sometimes longer than that. Has been going on for several months, despite reboots, resets, unplugs, etc. I have a tech coming out Saturday, but wondered if anyone else had this issue and found a solution. The Hopper is about a year old, and I'm also using the Hopper + unit.

Sound like the problem i had, except it only happen on the joey4k (both joey4k which attach you there own h3) it went away for while then came back then went away, usual around time "new" updates got pushed. I have had every piece of HW replaced from dish all down to 2 h3 and 2 joey4k.

It probably in same place the amazon app bug on clients. which is triage (limbo land)

Yes. I've been dealing with that exact issue on my 4K Joey for 6 years now. Just ask TheKrell cause he's tired of seeing me post about it.

That's why I'm trying to change to a 2-Hopper setup, since the problem never happens on my H3, only on the joey itself. And yes, I have replaced the joey and it's still happening on the new joey too. :(

Yes. I've been dealing with that exact issue on my 4K Joey for 6 years now. Just ask TheKrell cause he's tired of seeing me post about it.

That's why I'm trying to change to a 2-Hopper setup, since the problem never happens on my H3, only on the joey itself. And yes, I have replaced the joey and it's still happening on the new joey too. :(
Perhaps its a MOCA problem on the H3.

Perhaps its a MOCA problem on the H3.
999/1000 times it's the hopper and not the Joey. I see joeys get replaced all the time and it never fixes anything. Any issues with joeys usually stem from a bad hopper. Only time a Joey should really be replaced is if it just won't turn on at all (after trying power supply first) or the hdmi port quits working.

Here's the update. Software issue likely on the Plus. Tech came out and forced the software update on both the Hopper and the Plus. Plus still had an update from May, and said I'm likely missing updates since it was set to update at 1am when my wife is up and still watching TV most nights. After a few days, the freeze/skip is gone from what I can tell.