811 HD OTA Popping Sound

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

peid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 22, 2003
South Dakota
I have noticed since day one of my install of my JVC 811 that when I am watching my local channels in HD OTA when they switch from HD to SD (Commercials) and back to HD I get a loud popping noise from my speakers and the video flickers temporally.

When I call Dish and even mention the word "Locals" they say call you local broadcaster.

I emailed them and they too say we have never heard of the problem, however they are looking into it.

It does this popping sound 90% of the time and I fear it is going to ruin my speakers.

My signal strength is about 90-95%.

Anybody else notice this on their 811?

My software is 263-LADD and it is a JVC direct from JVC, not through Dish Network.

Mine makes some ugly noises when I get interference on OTA. The picture gets pixely and produces a loud pop. Could be the same thing when they are switching between HD and SD.

Do you have the 811 also?

Is this a known problem?

I will post a link to this thread in the 811 issues thread and see what others think.

Yes, I get this too, once in a while, it seems to be a signal interuption issue. It can be very loud for sure.

I have only had it happen on a OTA station. I had two other Dish 811's, they both did this a times, so it's a common thing.

I believe this is a local broadcaster issue. I get a slight (not loud at all) pop with my 6000 whenever a local station switches from the national HD feed to their local feed (for commercials and such). I know others here in KC experience this also, with all kinds of OTA receivers, so I'm pretty sure it's not an E* issue.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)