811 installed today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

J_slimz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 10, 2003
So far so good. I am a new Dish customer so I got the great deal of $49.99 with credit of $49.99 on bill and 3 free months of HBO SHO. Haven't noticed any dark picture as some have seen. I did loose sound earlier but a hard reboot fixed it. Haven't hooked up digital output as of yet as I need to buy a new cable and a switch to go between dvd player and 811. Can't wait til Sunday Night Football in HDTV!! Don't have an antenna up for OTA but am contemplating it. I am about 55 miles from the towers and am kind of apprehensive about it. Anyone this far away with OTA Digital locals???? :)

J_slimz said:
So far so good. I am a new Dish customer so I got the great deal of $49.99 with credit of $49.99 on bill and 3 free months of HBO SHO. Haven't noticed any dark picture as some have seen. I did loose sound earlier but a hard reboot fixed it. Haven't hooked up digital output as of yet as I need to buy a new cable and a switch to go between dvd player and 811. Can't wait til Sunday Night Football in HDTV!! Don't have an antenna up for OTA but am contemplating it. I am about 55 miles from the towers and am kind of apprehensive about it. Anyone this far away with OTA Digital locals???? :)

You don't indicate where you're at so not sure. Basically the ROT is if you can get a fairly good analog signal you should have no problem with a digital signal. I'm about 40 miles out and had good reception on all the full power DTV stations that were in the UHF band. We have one DTV station on channel 3 that just about everyone has problems with.

If you can't get CBS over the air you might see if Dish will qualify you for the WCBS-DT or KCBS-DT feeds that they have on the wing satellites (61.5 or 148). That way you'll be able to catch an AFC game in HD every now and then and the SuperBowl in HD.

remote works well

Also, the sat remote controls my sat, tv, and audio receiver just fine.

well, I paid the $99 upgrade fee so I would only have to comit to 12-month service. but I am getting 4 credits of 49.99 by taking AT150 and HBO SHO for 3 months. HDTV is SWEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!

It is there.....or you can call them too.....or just check out dishstore.net

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)