811--Just ordered my receiver from DISH for $149

I just had a great experience with a dish CSR. She got me the $149 deal, second dish free (must carry rule in Dallas), CBS HD included in the package. Very patient lady and made sure I got the best deal.

Installer coming Friday afternoon.

I too just had a great experience with a Dish CSR. I was able to receive the 811 at the $149 price because I was considered an exclusive customer. No commitment. An Installer is coming this Saturday to install it. I was also told that the tax on this unit would appear on my next bill.

Well I ordered my 811 for $149 + tax today and they are going to install it on Sunday afternoon which will not take more than 5 minutes because it is already wired. I would like to thank Dish Network for all the great deals we long term subscribers have been getting. Now I am not sure wether I should buy the 921 from Sears or wait to see what Dish is going to offer us? You guys have fun with your new toys I know I am going to.

Well,

I qualify for the $149 deal, but the trouble is that I use my RGB connector from the 6000 to my Plasma (and the component input on my plasma is connected to the DVD player). I'd have to get a Component to RGB adapter to get one of them connecte to plasma if I went with the 811.

I'm also waiting for some 6000 vs 811 comparisions to be posted (with screenshots) before trying to upgrade.

Has anyone actually not paid sales tax?

Check your next billing statement. You may find it there.

I'm also waiting for some 6000 vs 811 comparisions to be posted (with screenshots) before trying to upgrade

Great Idea ! That's what i'm doing. I wonder if OTA reception is better and if the 8VSB makes less noise.

this is off topic but cyclone brought up a good point, I have 2 component inputs, 1 rgb imput and 1 dvi imput. the 2 component are being used by Xbox and DVD, so what is the diffrence between component and RGB?

bmwarren--RGB seperates the colour signal into seperate wires while componet has all the signals in one wire

Actually, it's the other way around

Component splits the color output/input into separate wires. RGB (aka composite video or RCA video) has all of the video signal over one wire.

Edit: I've just been told RGB is also another name for the 15-pin VGA connector.

I try not to bring up good points, but it happens from time to time.

But Rolltide did bring up a good point. The 8VSB has become more noticable to me as of late. I'd like to hear what 6000 to 811 converts have to report on the audio front. Can you hear things in your TV room now that you coudn't hear before because of the 8VSBs fan? Things like birds singing outside, wife with a list of chores, the doorbell, smoke detectors?

Things like birds singing outside, wife with a list of chores, the doorbell, smoke detectors Neighbors having sex :)

Kudos to Dish once again !!!

I am amazed at all the complaints and trashing for Dish !!

Not only did I get 2 free receivers 3 years ago AND a $199 credit, plus
3 full years of uninterupted perfect service, best PQ I have seen .

AND in the last month I received the following :

Nov 10th, 2003 - 6000 receiver w/8SPK card, updated LNBs on one dish, SW64 and 61.5 dish all pro. installed for... $149

Nov 12th - 510 DVR swap out with lightning fried old 2700 - FREE !!!

Nov 15th - 8VSB off-air card - FREE - ($8.95 ) shipping.

Dec 2nd - Signed up my dad for 811/301/301 + D500 w/quad and pro install -- 4 free months of AT100/HBO/etc -- ALL FREE !!
Plus as a Dish Club Member I get $60 credit on my bill ($5 month) 5 free PPV movies etc !!!

Dec 3rd - Just ordered an 811 with Pro Install (silly) for 149

SOLD 6000 on Ebay this weekend for $425 !!

Just think if another company did business like this how it would go ...

I could call Ford Motor Company every year and ask for my free or, almost free new F-150 Supercrew, sell it on Ebay and call a month later for another "almost free" or free truck, etc, etc ... NOT GONNA HAPPEN !!

I feel the bulk of the complaints about Dish seen here are because we are so welled informed and WAY ahead of the curve because of this forum (thanks Scott) .

Remember the info here is "pre-info", relax, be a little patient, give a big company a few days to filter the new info and you will get your good deals and even your FREE deals. Waiting a day or so is not going to kill us, remember Dish sells Satellite service... NOT ORGAN TRANSPLANTS !!!

I can recall the days when my family huddled around an old black and white TV with a coat hanger covered in tin foil desparately hoping we could get ONE TV channel that night, usually we only got snow.....

WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY .... Relax and enjoy it !!!

DR

Sold the 6000 on ebay for $400 today. Got the 811 for $149, set for install on Sunday!!

Add me to the list at $149.00. I have just had my 6000 for 2 weeks but this is just too good to pass up. I am now kicking myself for not waiting a bit longer. I wonder what the sudden glut of 6000's is going to do to Ebay's prices?

811 Receiver - $149.00 Deal!

JoeSp said:
I just ordered my 811 for $149 and the HD pak. Paid with a credit card and they were happy. When I first called the CSR informed me that you had to be a new customer. I stated that yesterday I had been told that I could order today for either $199 or as a club dish for $149.00. She asked me to wait and then came back and said that I qualified for the $149.00 and my new receiver will be installed this Saturday 6th by noon.

We also discussed the dishes and she thought I needed two and I stated that the HD pack had been moved to the 110 slot. Again I had to wait and then she came back and stated that I was right and that all I needed was the Dish 500. I paid $258.49. This included the 811 receiver and the HD pack for 1 year. ALRIGHT!! :D :D

I registered here today, although I have been reading the forum for some time, and also alt.dbs.echostar.

I just had to register to thank those of you who have posted accurately as to the deal offered on this receiver.

I got a very knowledgeable CSR (and told her so-a little brownosing doen't hurt). I said straight off that I am what Dish considers an "exclusive customer" as I've been with Dish since 1996 and have a good package and auto-pay.

She immediately said "your receiver will be $149.00, and I also paid for the year of the hd package and got it all for $258.00. Wowzer..

I have been waiting as I have both DTV (with the triple lnb oval dish) and Dish, and wanted to see where the best deal will be. As soon as I found out that my current Dish 500 will cover HD stations, and the ones that are on 61.5 as soon as they move them to 110.

So, again kudos and thanks to Scott and all for accurate (money-saving) information. The only thing she knew nothing about was the necessary OTA antenna, but I just installed one with a rotor so I should be good to go..
Dave :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts