811--Just ordered my receiver from DISH for $149

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Kevin_Texas said:
928gt,

This all works fine as long as your weren't sold on DHP!!!!!

Once on DHP you are SCREWED
I have to disagree I have DHP and just got approved for the 811 as an add on for $149 and 1 year commitment. I had a choice of replacing an existing reciever or adding on. Install is next week and the cahrge will be put on my next bill.
I did call a CSR who said I was not eligible. I then called Mark Duffy at Ceo@echostar.com and he got me the deal.

Still tryin'

I found the exec number in another post. I couldn't get past the $199 mark last night with the CSR, so I called it.

I was connected to a young lady named Wallene. She knew of the promotion but wasn't clear on the details. She saw from my account screen that I had called last night and had been offered the $199 deal.

I told her that I was looking for the $149 deal but she couldn't find the criteria and offered to call me back when she's up to speed.

Still waitin'

Ray

Re: Still tryin'

RayN said:
I told her that I was looking for the $149 deal but she couldn't find the criteria and offered to call me back when she's up to speed.

Still waitin'

Ray

I received a call back from Dish and the only way that I could get the $149 deal was to commit to a min of the Top 50 for 1 year. I subscribe to HBO and Starz but none of the standard programming. I pay Dish more than the fee for the Top 50 but that isn't good enough.

The rep was ADAMANT that is is not possible to get the deal without a commitment to a min of the Top 50 for a year. Are there any of you in my situation who only subscribe to programming other than Top 50, Top 100etc. and have gotten the $149 deal?

Ray

After following the posts here for the past several months, I finally came the decision that this 811 deal was just too good to pass up. We've been on the DHP since signing up with Dish 2.5 years ago thru Sears. We've currently got a 501 and 301 and I've been waiting for the right time to get an HD receiver for the HDTV set I got last year.

I just called the executive offices number and spoke to Rich. Very helpful, polite and he answered all my (dumb) questions. I got the 811 for $149 and a second dish for extra local channels for free. Installation free as well. Added the HD 4 pack. They're scheduled to come on Wed. PM.

I plan on hooking the 811 and 501 to difference inputs on the same TV to retain the recording ability in SD. I did talk to him a bit about getting a second PVR to replace the 301, but he said DHP customers may only have one PVR per account. After the 811 is installed he said we could then go back and swap out the 501 and 301 for 2 510's for $99 each if I wanted.

Thank you all. These forums are very helpful.

Kevinw wrote
I have to disagree I have DHP and just got approved for the 811 as an add on for $149 and 1 year commitment. I had a choice of replacing an existing reciever or adding on. Install is next week and the cahrge will be put on my next bill.
I did call a CSR who said I was not eligible. I then called Mark Duffy at Ceo@echostar.com and he got me the deal.

I think you are missing the point. I also had to call the Exec office and was able to get the 811 for $149. That was after calling the CSR several times. As a customer I should not have to go through all this just to get a HD receiver. It does not make since. When you think about it I trying to give them my money and they seem to not want it. :?: I understand that I could go to a local retailer but as a long time customer why should a have to pay twice a much as a new customer.

Just today on the radio I heard a promo for Dish. If you are a new customer you can get the 811, DVR and 301 receivers. (you get all 3 receivers) Installation for free. You also get 3 months of free AT50. This all on the DHP plan. As a long time customer should I not be able to take advantage of this offer.

I don't know maybe I am missing something. :?:

ordering mine right now, easy to do with this CSR no contract for a year just $149.00 and they are going to put the charge on my bill.

bruce said:
ordering mine right now, easy to do with this CSR no contract for a year just $149.00 and they are going to put the charge on my bill.

Bruce,

What programming packages do you subscribe to? I tried to get the $149 deal but the only way it would work was a one year commitment to AT50.

I subscribe to HBO and Stars only, no AT packages and this, apparently, is not good enough. I don't need AT50 because I have cable for non-premium channels. This seems like discrimination to me.

Ray

rbowles said:
I plan on hooking the 811 and 501 to difference inputs on the same TV to retain the recording ability in SD. I did talk to him a bit about getting a second PVR to replace the 301, but he said DHP customers may only have one PVR per account. After the 811 is installed he said we could then go back and swap out the 501 and 301 for 2 510's for $99 each if I wanted.

After replacing all of your DHP receivers with ones that you purchased I wonder if they will have the nerve to continue charging you the extra $5.00/mo or whatever it is for the DHP lease?

Kevin_Texas said:
Kevinw wrote

I think you are missing the point. I also had to call the Exec office and was able to get the 811 for $149. That was after calling the CSR several times. As a customer I should not have to go through all this just to get a HD receiver. It does not make since. When you think about it I trying to give them my money and they seem to not want it. ? I understand that I could go to a local retailer but as a long time customer why should a have to pay twice a much as a new customer.

Just today on the radio I heard a promo for Dish. If you are a new customer you can get the 811, DVR and 301 receivers. (you get all 3 receivers) Installation for free. You also get 3 months of free AT50. This all on the DHP plan. As a long time customer should I not be able to take advantage of this offer.

I don't know maybe I am missing something. ?

Specials are to lure in new customers. Standard practice. If they continually gave every existing customer 3 free months of programming....

Anyway, I'm surprised at this deal. They must be getting alot of churn for better HD options. I was looking at Comcast but jumped on this and will stay with Dish. Hopefully the 921 will be out and bug free by spring 04.

GlennZ,
I understand your point. One should not have to go through the backdoor just because we paid more for monthly service and borrow the equipment.
I was just letting people here know that there is another way, albiet unknown, unless you frequent sights like this one.
The uninformed would not know about the backdoor option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)