811 missing remote control codes for tuner/amplifier O-Z

bunkerbob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Anyone know how to program the 811 remote for tuners/amplifiers from manufacturers with names from O-Z (eg. Pioneer, Sony, Technics, Yamaha)? The list of codes on page 105 of the manual inexplicably ends at NAD. I've tried the "scan" function on p.66/67 to try to get a match for my Sony receiver, but so far no luck. Did they forget to program the remote for these manufacturers, or does someone have the list of missing codes?

My 811 and 522 manuals both stop at NAD also.

The manual on the Dish website is the same:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/811/Chapter5_codes.pdf

Try to SCAN again. It may take a while. With my old D* remote, I had to press it almost 100 times before it hit the right TV code.

I have an Optimus(Pioneer) amp and have no code. I found a 'scan' that turns it on and off, but won't work volume or any advanced controls.

I also think I have a defective 811 remote. I have to really smash the device buttons several times before I can get it to switch(light up). My 522 [TV2] remote is the exact same UHF remote, but no problem with that one. It will switch devices with a light touch.

If you need the Yamaha code, it is on this board somewhere. I believe it was 263. Do a search and you can find it if you need that one.

I live in Buena Park, Ca. I bought a silver sensor indoor used it for a few days had problems of having to reorient frequently. Returned it to sears and bought th $21.00 outdoor UHF antenna from radio shack and it works great. I get all the channels including KCET-HD.

Bill

My 811's remote can't be programmed for my Sony STR-DE895 receiver. I tried the scanning method half a dozen times and went through the whole list of available codes (the remote flashes when you've tried all available codes). I e-mailed E* technical support about the issue last Saturday and they replied on Sunday that they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

I suggest that all E* customers that have this problem, e-mail or call E* technical support. Let them them know that this isn't an isolated or trivial issue!

Carl, I have a Sony STR-DE945. Try code 2680 for the AUX on the remote. It works for my Dish 6000's remote (also worked with my 4900's remote). The alternate code for the Sony is 2673.

Yamaha codes are: 2663 & 2682

Try using codes from other receiver's manuals.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4397&highlight=yamaha

2663 for my yamaha.

Here's from a post that I had made on this same issue:

I had to call tech support twice today because for some reason when they listed the Amplifier/Tuner codes in the book they stopped at N. I have a Sony and so anything starting with N-Z was omitted. The first tech gave me the wrong codes. The second one didn't know what to do, and even asked for me to pull the smart card out. (I guess they don't know that the 811 doesn't have one) and finally gave me a list of codes that one of them worked.

So if you have a Sony A/V receiver here are the list of codes to choose from:

Hope that helps

Carl B said:
My 811's remote can't be programmed for my Sony STR-DE895 receiver.

I have a Sony STR-DE885, vintage 2002 (i.e. one model year older than Carl B's STR-DE895), and I can't get the 811 remote to control it either. I tried all the codes suggested in this thread and the scan function. But I have a 2001 model Sony STR-DE975 that DOES respond using code 645.

Thanks guys for the remote control code suggestions for my Sony STR-DE895. Unfortunately, none of them did the trick. I love my 811 and really like its remote control, but having to always have 2 remotes handy is a PITB.

With regard to the Sony and the 811. Try changing your receiver to remote "AV1" and then try the remote codes listed above. It worked with my Sony Receiver.

bunkerbob said:
Anyone know how to program the 811 remote for tuners/amplifiers from manufacturers with names from O-Z (eg. Pioneer, Sony, Technics, Yamaha)? The list of codes on page 105 of the manual inexplicably ends at NAD. I've tried the "scan" function on p.66/67 to try to get a match for my Sony receiver, but so far no luck. Did they forget to program the remote for these manufacturers, or does someone have the list of missing codes?

Hmm. I have an Onkyo receiver that I programmed in and I don't think I used the scan. I will look in my manual tonight and see what I can find for you.

Maybe I can scan the manual if it is correct and email people that need it.

Checked my manual last night and sure enough, ends at NAD or whatever.

I could have swore it listed everything.

Oh well, I got my Onkyo Receiver linked somehow I guess!

Thank you JDS44!

Your suggestion of changing my Sony receiver's command mode to "AV1" did the trick. In "AV1", codes 645, 650, 687, & 730 all work to allow my 811's remote to control my Sony STR-DE895.

I hope this information gets out to some other frustrated owners of new Sony receivers and 811s.

codes for the Onkyo

Here is what I got from tech support for the Onkyo and the 811 remote

Thank you for your email correspondence. The codes for an Onkyo receiver are: 642, 660, 662, 678. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to call us at: 1-800-333-3474.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)