811 & my 1 year commitment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Has anyone out there gotten released from their 1 year commitment due to all the problems with the 811? I got mine installed in Dec. for free with a 1 year commitment(Top 100 & HD package). I don't know if I can wait til December. If you were successful, please tell me how. Thanks.

I was told that I would have to pay $240 to leave Dish Network. I have an 811, 3 301s, two SW64s, dish 500 2 duals, and 1 dual for 148. I think selling these items would cover the charges. I'm waiting for the HD-TiVo to be more readily available and I also want to see if the 811 gets a hardware fix for the dark picture problem.

JimMcC said:
Has anyone out there gotten released from their 1 year commitment due to all the problems with the 811? I got mine installed in Dec. for free with a 1 year commitment(Top 100 & HD package). I don't know if I can wait til December. If you were successful, please tell me how. Thanks.

I know we can get out of the HD pak. Feb and after can not get out of the HD pak is what i remember.

GaryPen said:
I got out of the HD Pack commitment, but had no luck with the main commitment.

So what happens with that? Do the channels go red like HBO when you haven't subscribed?

BlackHitachi said:
Yes they go RED!! Sucks Dish wont give us what we want! :no

Interesting. I was told, back in December by an Exec. Office ninja, that it is not possible to "unsubscribe" to HD channels. Not that they don't like it, don't condone it, but that is was not technically possible to unsub the HD channels.

I wonder if he lied or if they have updated their capabilities.

Not that I want to unsubscribe NOW. Back then, I wanted to.

The only hd channel i get is cbs-hd all the others r red in the guide except of course the hd ppv,hd demo and hd special events

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts