811 OTA Black Screen

WJMorales

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Huntley Illinois
After watching OTA channels for any amount of time, when tuning a sat channel i get the black screen, no audio. Depending on how long I've watched the OTA I may or may not have the banner info.

The only I thing I can do to resolve this issue is hold the power button to reset the unit. I've noticed this happening more often, since they started adding applications to Dish Home.

Any feedback?

This seems to be a problem since software 2.80.

It seems that if your on OTA at about 1 min before the hour (or half hour)(guide update time??) then I get the blackout when going back to a Sat channel.

Whats really wierd tho is one of my 811 (all the same LADD build) has never blacked out and it is on OTA about 99%.

In addition to the black screen when going from OTA to satellite, sometimes the picture is OK but the sound produces a deafening screach. Changing the channel fixes the sound. I am considering buying an OTA receiver and ditching Dish, now that all we watch is HD, and E* does not have much HD . You don't need to pay cable or anyone else to get perfect OTA HD content. Only one drawback, the PBS station broadcasts HD and 4 SD shows simultaneously resulting in terrible pixelation on the HD unless nothing is moving. They feed a good HD signal to the cable but I am not paying for cable just to get PBS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts