811 OTA problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hytops

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
Dish 811 OTA.
My channel guide for some stations is changing. In Chicagoland, 11-01 and 11-02 is brought in under 47. Recently the display changed to 47-01 and 47-02.
Just this weekend they changed back to 11-01 and 11-02. BUT, The stations will not lock down. They are getting 92% reception. The button up and the button down for Zoom picture keeps flashing in and out on both stations.
I called Dish and they said they would have a Tech look into. :rolleyes:

Hytops said:
Dish 811 OTA.
My channel guide for some stations is changing. In Chicagoland, 11-01 and 11-02 is brought in under 47. Recently the display changed to 47-01 and 47-02.
Just this weekend they changed back to 11-01 and 11-02. BUT, The stations will not lock down. They are getting 92% reception. The button up and the button down for Zoom picture keeps flashing in and out on both stations.

I experienced the exact same issue here in St. Louis when a local station attempted to get their PSIP info correct before the 2/1 deadline. It's at their end but they probably are unaware because few stations monitor their DT signals with the 811. They typically use more conventional STBs.

If you can locate someone in Engineering willing to cooperate, they can make changes on their end as you watch your TV and report the changes. It's a simple fix, but I have no idea which setting causes the issue.

Good Luck.

Hytops said:
Dish 811 OTA.

Everyone in Chicagoland is having a problem with WTTW using an 811. BTW dish tech has no clue as I found out when I called.
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=360134#post360134

Having same probs here in Seattle with local PBS - Ch 9. Broadcasts HD on UHF 41. 811 can't seem to figure out which to use. Weird thing is that I do channel up from 7 and about 50% of time will go to 9 (either 9-00 or 9-01, depending). It'll then go to 41-02 (or-03 or -05, again depending). Do a channel down and it'll go to channels that were skipped over (28, 22, 13, 11). When it gets back to 9, 50% of the time it won't go to 9 and goes on to 7).

Tech (un)support treated me like a blathering idiot when I tried to explain what was going on.

Not first prob with 811 (on my second box). Not impressed. Really feels like a PoS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)