mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Heads up, 811 users. From the Dish Tech Portal:

02/08/2006: 1114 Software Version P3.35 for DP811

Effective Thursday, February 9th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.35 for the DP811 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.34 and P3.35 will be valid software versions for the DP811.

Mine has been locking up and needing a hard reboot lately. Last time it lost it's mind regard HD aspect ratios, something entirely new. Unit has been pretty bug free since last February....new update help any of this ?

Man, this good be good news, because ever since the P3.34 the componet connection just sucks, hope they fix this!

Last edited:
Yeah, if they fix the component output, I'll be able to switch between satellite and DVD without having to adjust all the picture settings.

No VCR

:( I have my VCR hooked up to my 811 for 2 year's and now it will not record any more. So I bought A NEW one, same condition Orwell
bought new cable's same thing? I wonder if it is the NEW software update? The Player work's fine for Playing, but it will not Record.
Took the Player and the Cable's back, had to bay a 15% restocking fee. Any one have any comment's PLEAS:confused:

make sure your VCR is on the correct input channel. Mine for instance, I've got my 811 going to the 1st input on my VCR. Thats what I would check first, mine still works, and I've got 334, so that is what I would guess.

No VCR

Thanks for the fast reply, the TV shows Static or snow.All my connections are the same as before. It will simply not Record, Play back from a recorded Tap works vine. Nothing was don or changed for 2 years, it just stop's working. The TV is set for Chanel 3 in, the VCR is set to Chanel 3 out, the cable Com's from the 811 out ( red white yellow ) to the in on the VCR. It has bin like that for 2 year's.Your HELP is appreciated. :confused:

The 811 doesn't have an RF modulator, so your VCR has to record from a "Video" or "Line" input, not a TV channel.

No VCR

:confused: Good Morning I think? Talked with my Neighbor about my problem, He suggested we try his VCR. Hooked it up, the same condition? so we took my VCR to his place and it worked vine. No problem rec or playing. Both systems where hooked up the same way, our conclusion is the 811 is not passing a signal to the VCR'S. Now is my 811 gone bad? or has the software upgrade something to Du white it? After Hi left me with my problem I Hooked up my over the AIR Ant, the VCR worked rec and Playing. So what schooled I Du? or can Du.:mad:

Foxbat said:
The 811 doesn't have an RF modulator, so your VCR has to record from a "Video" or "Line" input, not a TV channel.

I AGREE!!!
Every time I have a power outage I have to reset my VCR to LINE.

fred

No VCR

I AGREE!!!
Every time I have a power outage I have to reset my VCR to LINE.

FRED I have a Panasonic DVD/VCR Deck (MOD No PV-D4744 / PV-D4744S) I Du NOT SEE anything in the manual to set it to Line? Could you elaborate on how you set your's?

Most VCR remotes have a button for Source. This switches between RF and Composite inputs. For your own benefit, you should have RCA Composite from 811 Output to VCR Input and RCA Composite from VCR Output to TV Input. When you want to record from the 811, set the TV to the Composite input (Input 1 or Input 2) and hack the VCR Source button until you see the VCR output. This should be the 811 programming. Hope this helps.

ours had done the same thing. Pulled the plug on the 811 and plugged it back in and all was well. Try that and see if it helps.

Wdam33 said:
Haven't checked mine yet, but I hope they fix the colors on the component outs. 3.34 color fixes just plan suck....way too washed out.

Mark
p3.34 didn't make my component outputs washed out, it's the same as before the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)