811 P3.35 Download 2/9/06

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
RobertsD said:
p3.34 didn't make my component outputs washed out, it's the same as before the update.

Then that can only mean that there are different versions of the hardware in the 811, some of which are crippled by 3.34 and others aren't. My two 811s are unusable since 3.34 because of the crappy component output that Dish created with this horrendous software.

Jerry G said:
Then that can only mean that there are different versions of the hardware in the 811, some of which are crippled by 3.34 and others aren't. My two 811s are unusable since 3.34 because of the crappy component output that Dish created with this horrendous software.
Possibly. I just recieved mine about 1 1/2 months ago when I signed up for Dish.

I looked on it for a manufacture date, but couldn't see anything.

redline65 said:
I hope they fix the clock problem that they reintroduced.

Yeah, what is with this 'clock problem'? I have a 811 just installed about 2 months ago. I just checked, and it still has software 334.

In just the last week or two I've had problems with the 811 not keeping the correct time. Seems to lose from 1/2 to 1 hour per day. I found that if I click the "Dish Home" button that when it download that application, it corrects & re-sets the time. But, it's still annoying, and strange that it appeared just in the last week or two. Otherwise, now problems.

It's baaaaack!

02/13/2006: 1106 Software Version P3.35 for DP811
Effective Tuesday, February 14th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.35 for the DP811 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.34 and P3.35 will be valid software versions for the DP811.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

811 P3.35 download received

When I arrived home from work today, I was prompted for the P3.35 software upgrade on my 811. :eek: I was real hesitant to upgrade but I figured the picture couldn't get much worse beyond the component wash out.

I accepted the download and it took about 20 minutes and installed successfully. Surprisingly, it looked like they fixed the component washed out picture issue. The picture doesn't looked washed out and I had to adjust my plasma back to it's original settings before the P3.34 upgrade.

The EPG Guide is currently showing the correct time. I haven't seen any other changes or problems but I'm sure the experts on this board will post them.

These problems should be resolved until the next upgrade. :rolleyes:

Thanks Dish! :)

CochiseGuy said:
Yeah, what is with this 'clock problem'? I have a 811 just installed about 2 months ago. I just checked, and it still has software 334.

In just the last week or two I've had problems with the 811 not keeping the correct time. Seems to lose from 1/2 to 1 hour per day. I found that if I click the "Dish Home" button that when it download that application, it corrects & re-sets the time. But, it's still annoying, and strange that it appeared just in the last week or two. Otherwise, now problems.

The time loss occurs when you are tuned to OTA channels. As soon as you tune to a satellite channel it updates. Same is true for EPG info. After an hour or two on an OTA channel I start getting "No information available" listing on the program guide.

I too took the Download today................now everytime I tune to one of my OTA Channels ( 11.1) it locks up !! :(
Have to do either a Hard or Soft Re-Boot to get the Receiver working again....but as soon as I try Channel 11.1 (OTA-HD) this piece of Shiit Locks up again !!

Why...why did I accept that frigin Download ??? Just f-n STOOPID !!!!:mad:

Good to hear that the component output stuff may be fixed. I just checked and I'm still on 3.34. Hopefully, I'll get it late tonight or tomorrow.

Mark

dougruss said:
I too took the Download today................now everytime I tune to one of my OTA Channels ( 11.1) it locks up !! :(
Have to do either a Hard or Soft Re-Boot to get the Receiver working again....but as soon as I try Channel 11.1 (OTA-HD) this piece of Shiit Locks up again !!

Why...why did I accept that frigin Download ??? Just f-n STOOPID !!!!:mad:

You may want to try manually deleting this channel and then adding it back in but you need to know the actually channel number that it is broadcast on. Otherwise, you could try to do a rescan of all your digital channels and see if that works.

rocatman said:
You may want to try manually deleting this channel and then adding it back in but you need to know the actually channel number that it is broadcast on. Otherwise, you could try to do a rescan of all your digital channels and see if that works.

I went ahead and Deleted that Channel ( 11-1)completly....did a Soft Re-Boot,then went back and added it again. Same problem !:(
Maybe I'll try again later on and see what happens?

Thanks for the tip !

This past weekend my 811 started doing that. Only if I "key in" the channel, though. If I switch to it using the guide (which I do 90% of the time anyway) everything is okay.

component washed out colors remain after 3.35 upgrade - haven't noticed any differences in regard to that bug.

Another fix or "feature enhancement" in 3.35 is the ability to put in single digits for single digit channels. You now put in 7 for 7 instead of 007. My wife loves this change.

I got P3.35 sometime after 2/24/06 (I went on vacation and it was loaded when I returned). Still getting a lot of the No Info glitch in the EPG (the problem E* fixed over a year ago, but brought back w/ P3.34).

I like the simplified channel dial-up for locals and for me, it appears that the "washed-out" PQ via Component video has been brought back to where it was or at least to a good setting. Two steps forward, one step back. The E* software cha cha!

I got another problem after the update. Some of the channels will have no audio when I initially switch to them. I need to switch to another channel and switch back to get the audio.

xion29 said:
I got another problem after the update. Some of the channels will have no audio when I initially switch to them. I need to switch to another channel and switch back to get the audio.

I haven't seen that, but it is another "old" 811 problem that could be returning. Maybe it is two steps forward and two steps back!