mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
From the Dish Tech Portal:

03/13/2006: 1343 Software Version P3.37 for DP811

Effective Tuesday, March 14th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.37 for the DP811 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.35 and P3.37 will be the valid software versions for the DP811.

Well, new to my 811 with the 3.37 download is the screwup of the 811's stretch modes. It worked fine before I took the download and today when you press the Page Up key on the remote when it enters stretch mode it shifts the image to the right of the screen. It actually shoves part of the picture off the right hand side of the screen. as you work around to gray bar and normal the image comes back to center on the screen. This behavior only appears to affect 4:3 programs.

Not a big deal but I still don't know what we got from the upgrade. The only thing that I see that has changed is this goof-up. I tried power cycling the 811. I tried rebooting the 811 and I thought maybe my Toshiba monitor had gotten scrambled so I power cycled it. No improvement. So it 'appears' that 3.37 gave us this little bundle of joy. :D

Mike

mike1002 said:
Well, new to my 811 with the 3.37 download is the screwup of the 811's stretch modes. It worked fine before I took the download and today when you press the Page Up key on the remote when it enters stretch mode it shifts the image to the right of the screen. It actually shoves part of the picture off the right hand side of the screen. as you work around to gray bar and normal the image comes back to center on the screen. This behavior only appears to affect 4:3 programs.

Not a big deal but I still don't know what we got from the upgrade. The only thing that I see that has changed is this goof-up. I tried power cycling the 811. I tried rebooting the 811 and I thought maybe my Toshiba monitor had gotten scrambled so I power cycled it. No improvement. So it 'appears' that 3.37 gave us this little bundle of joy. :D

Mike

This is not new to 3.37. I have 3.36 and have had the stretch problem since the 3.36 "upgrade" as far as I know. I was hoping E* would have fixed it in 3.37.

I had 3.35 prior to 3.37 and it did NOT have the problem. It appears that it only affects the OTA channels for me. The sat channels stretch just like they always have.

Mike

I have noticed this stretching problem over the past 2 weeks. I have the 3.35 software. Called tech support on 3/15 and they were clueless. Never heard of this problem. They said they would document and for me to call back in a week to see if they have a fix. EVERYONE with this problem should call tech and bug the **** out of them until we get a fix.

I haven't had to reboot for the EPG but I have seen that 3.37 seems to get lost when you have spent a long time on the OTA side. When you go back to sat it causes the receiver to go through acquiring satellite and it then it downloads the guide. Also, in the process of trying to resolve the issue I did a switch check. It passed through all tests with no problem but it still has the OTA stretch issue.

Some kind of combo of displays and the 811 just seem to be plagued with problems. Others don't seem to have the problem.

all this stuff makes me hesitate before jumping into getting a 622. I'd like to have access to the other HD stuff but I don't want to have to pay $299 for the privilege of testing the 622. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Mike

Dish needs to stop screwing up...

mike1002 said:
I haven't had to reboot for the EPG but I have seen that 3.37 seems to get lost when you have spent a long time on the OTA side. When you go back to sat it causes the receiver to go through acquiring satellite and it then it downloads the guide. Also, in the process of trying to resolve the issue I did a switch check. It passed through all tests with no problem but it still has the OTA stretch issue.

Some kind of combo of displays and the 811 just seem to be plagued with problems. Others don't seem to have the problem.

all this stuff makes me hesitate before jumping into getting a 622. I'd like to have access to the other HD stuff but I don't want to have to pay $299 for the privilege of testing the 622. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Mike

Looks like some of the old problems are back with 3.37. Dish is probably outsourcing programming services to some third world country that's why Dish code SUCKS!

I got the NO INFO with 3.37 last night. I do always turn it off at night. I doubt if Dish will ever get the 811 working right, so they can get everyone to upgrade.

Just loaded P3.37 on one of my 811s last night. Didn't get a chance to play with it much, but it didn't seem to affect anything that I noticed.

Given the various problems as reported with 3.37 above, do I have an option not to install it? One of the setup options is something like "Ask before D/Ld updates?" If I check that option, can I ignore an update until 3.38, or whatever is next?

I don't seem to have any issues with 3.35 and thus far 3.37 has not appeared for my unit, but my 811 may eventually come around in the rotation...

My 811 goes berserk sometimes.
I mean it keeps on changing channels and going in menus randomly without pressing any key on the remote.
I even tried removing the batteries from my universal remote. No luck. I still got the same problem.

Is it a firmware issue? Or I'm having some interference (cordless phone, microwave, wireless G network ecc.) problem?

SniperREX said:
My 811 goes berserk sometimes.
I mean it keeps on changing channels and going in menus randomly without pressing any key on the remote.
I even tried removing the batteries from my universal remote. No luck. I still got the same problem.

Is it a firmware issue? Or I'm having some interference (cordless phone, microwave, wireless G network ecc.) problem?
Welcome.

Try changing the remote's address. The procedue is in the book. One of your neighbors might have an 811 remote that's conflicting with yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)