811 Regulalry Deletes my OTA Channels??

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
I have an 811 and am fortunate that I can pick up almost 20 OTA digital channels.

Problems is that after I scan the channels and add them to my various favorites lists that all is well for a few days. By the end of the week, several channels will simply have vanished from the list as if they had never been scanned to begin with. I thus have to rescan and set up re-add them to the lists.

Presumably, over the course of many days, some channels may be too weak to pick up. Even if this is the case, why would the 811 simply drop them?

Between this and the resets cable keeps looking better.

Amphicar:

If you scoll through your list, I believe you'll find them at their actual values rather than their mapped values.

I'm having the same problem with the current 811 software (2.84).

Cheers,

No, they are just gone. The only way I can readd them to favorites is by rescanning.

I have a bunch that renumber after awhile and also some that completely disappear. I was the only one that I knew had this problem til now. It is very random on mine when I lose some, haven't found a reason for it though. E* said I didn't know how to operate the box.

I have one ATSC station in our area that the 811 constantly swaps the two sub-channels. If I re-scan the station, the -01 sub is 16:9 1080i and -02 is 4:3 480p. After some amount of time, it will swap these and I'll have to delete and re-add the station. This behavior started with P281 and it only affects this channel. I'm hoping that the FCC-mandated changes in PSIP data that starts Feb 1st fixes this issue.

Lose my OTA Channels Here To

I have the exact same problems....channels are dropped and re-mapped regularly without any pattern to it. I ususally rescan them about weekly to solve it.

Foxbat said:
I have one ATSC station in our area that the 811 constantly swaps the two sub-channels. If I re-scan the station, the -01 sub is 16:9 1080i and -02 is 4:3 480p. After some amount of time, it will swap these and I'll have to delete and re-add the station. This behavior started with P281 and it only affects this channel. I'm hoping that the FCC-mandated changes in PSIP data that starts Feb 1st fixes this issue.

My local ABC does this quite a but, swapping their HD sub-channel, and their ABC NewsNow Channel. The annoying part is that the local guide info stays on the -01 channel, ragardless of which of the two is actually showing there.

I also have a channel that keeps changing its own number. The main channel is 36 (WCNC-NBC-Charlotte). for the longest time it mapped to channel 6. Then, after the last update to 284, it showe correctly mapped as 36...now in the last few weeks it has an identiy-crisis routinely swapping back and forth from 36 to 22, and back.

I have found that the 811 will delete channels with no programming present. One of our local stations normally transmits weather radar on channel 5.2 (transmit channel 41), but for several days the radar was off and there was a blank screen on 5.2 (signal still showed 90%+). Everytime I would surf through OTA channels both of my 811s and my 6000u would delete both the sub-channel 5.2 and the primary channel 5.1. I solved the problem by deleting 5.2 from the channel list until the station put the programming back on. I also have a channel that frequently changes from the mapped channel 23.1 to the transmit channel 24.1. I assume the 811 is having a problem with the station's PSIP data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)