811 remote stopped working - suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Thwockage

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Folks,

My 811 remote stopped working the other day. No apparent rhyme or reason, it just does not work. Changed the batteries, verified the remote address had not somehow changed and tried unplugging / plugging back in the 811. No dice. (was hoping the solutions offered in this thread - http://satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=46683&highlight=811+uhf+antenna - would have helped, but no luck)

The remote looks like it's working fine and nothing has changed in terms of my system configuration.

My basic question is whether anyone else has experienced a similar issue and if the problem was with the UHF connector or if I should just buy a new remote. I also have a 501 rcvr that I no longer use; could I program that remote to work w/my 811? This whole thing really pisses me off!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Todd

Happened to me also, but it turned out to be a remote address problem.

I have no other suggestion (you seem to have tried it all) but to one of your questions, while I was figuring out what the problem with the 811-remote was, I used one of my old 301-remotes (obviosuly given its on the same remote-channel) for changing channels (and just that).

Take a look at he UHF antenna on the back of the 811. Is it tight? You may try to reposition it, like bring it down to 45 degrees.

Press the sys info button on the front of the 811. Point the remote towards the 811 and press record. That will sync up the UHF channel of the remote and receiver.

Wayne

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions - it turns out that the remote simply died - I have no idea why. Got a replacement remote and I'm good to go.

Cheers,
Todd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)