811 replacements?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
:) i found a old 811 for really cheap if i add it to my account with the VIP622 just recently installed, would they allow a equipment up grade to a VIP for there free offer? and or if something would happen to it hint hint under the dhpp what would they replace it with? any one do something like this, or get a 811 replaced lately?

It is very rare for a different type receiver replacing an active one. Sonce so many 811 were returned via an upgrade, it may take a long while before a 211/411 would replace an existing 811. I had a 501 replaced with another 501 almost 3 years after that model was discontinued.

It really comes down to what your service technician is carrying on his vehicle. To be honest, if I was the tech who found the 811 not functioning, I would do my best to replace said 811 with a 211.

Than again, I'm the type of tech who also replaces 2800 receivers with a 301/311 instead of having Dish ship another Legacy receiver to the customer's home.

:eek: yea that's what i thought. i had a very bad idea. the carma would have really done me in bad. i saw a dead 811 on eBay for $5.00 and well like i said very bad idea. and i was thinking of the dhpp call center not having a truck out. i have never ever had a service truck out i always Handel it my self through the call center shipping me the replacements. the last time they said they are getting rid of a lot of old receivers. so if you have one your going to get a upgraded model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts