811 s/w update to 3.37 ??

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
Hi, all - Sorry if I missed my answer elsewhere - a quick scan didn't turn anything up...

What happened with the subject s/w update scheduled for 3-14? I powered-down to make sure I wouldn't miss it. This AM I was still showing 3.35 so I did the 10-sec. re-boot with the power switch, but still no change.

What am I doing wrong here...?

TIA and have a great day...!

bhelms,

The Tech. Portal says Partial Phase, that means not all the receivers will get the software update. When you see Full Phase then it will spool to all receivers.

03/13/2006: 1343 Software Version P3.37 for DP811
Effective Tuesday, March 14th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.37 for the DP811 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.35 and P3.37 will be the valid software versions for the DP811.

Tks, RandallA. I did see the initial information that you repeated but apparenly misunderstood it. Altho' it says that both 3.35 and 3.37 are valid, I still thought that if I "forced" a reboot/DL that it would update to 3.37. I'm still new to a lot of this...

No problem. We're all here to learn and that's the great thing about this forum, you will learn something new every day.

You can't really foce the download. The engineers assign a number of receivers for every partial phase, if your receiver is on the list you will get the update.

Tks again!

Ahah! And like you said - something new learned every day, that being your last statement - now it makes sense to me!

Tks, Dougruss - I'll look for that this evening when I get home. Sounds like it doesn't have any major impact...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)