811 Sat/OTA switching

douweb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
I have snow on my the dish (cant reach it: on top of my roof) and thus the 811 is telling me it's "acquiring signal", obviously I accept that *but* I also have an OTA installed and I cannot get into the EPG nor can tune the numbers in directly to go local while sitting on the message box (also tried it via the menu system but no go).

I really hope this is somthing I am missing??

Or is the receiver really so dumb that it needs the sat signal to be able to switch over to OTA.

Pisses me off a little
Douwe

douweb said:
I have snow on my the dish (cant reach it: on top of my roof) and thus the 811 is telling me it's "acquiring signal", obviously I accept that *but* I also have an OTA installed and I cannot get into the EPG nor can tune the numbers in directly to go local while sitting on the message box (also tried it via the menu system but no go).

I really hope this is somthing I am missing??

Or is the receiver really so dumb that it needs the sat signal to be able to switch over to OTA.

Pisses me off a little
Douwe

You must have a sat signal for the OTA to work. Even if you do not subscribe, you must point your dish and get a signal from the satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)