811 Timers Still Broken?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
I've had the 811 for a year now, but just bought a DVD recorder.

I set a timer to record an program off an OTA HD channel last night. Since I couldn't find a remote code that would operate my DVD recorder, I set it as an auto-tune event, and set a separate timer on my DVD record.

The DVD recorder kicked off, but it recorded an hour of blank video.

I had turned the 811 off before going to bed. Isn't it supposed to wake itself up and tune to the correct channel?

I know I've read about timer issues and blank video from timers on the 811 in the past, but never had occassion to record, so I haven't kept up with the issue.

If anyone could fill me in on what the current status is, I'd appreciate it.

I'm running version 2.84 on my 811.

tonyp56 said:
I am almost sure that the 811 doesn't fire timers when it is in standby mode, perhaps it should, I don't think it does!

According to the manual, it is supposed to.

I just tried it again and it worked... so I don't know why it didn't fire last night.

snathanb said:
According to the manual, it is supposed to.

Yeah, but according to the manual it is supposed to have unlimited favorites lists. :D I've learned along time ago not to believe anything the manual says!

Glad to hear it worked for you though, to bad it didn't when you needed it to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts