811 to 411

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Switched out the 811 in the bedroom to a 411 today. First thing we noticed was the difference in PQ. The set is a 27" HD using component setup. The picture was brighter and seems to have a better contrast ratio.

One thing E* needs to do is fix there work order system.... Before he could authorize the 411 the open work order for the 622 had to be closed... After activating the 411 and removing the 811 he opened up another work order and luck would have it I got my original date and time back. 3/1.

Checked if the 622 has shipped - not shipped and no date indicated. I'm looking for UPS to deliver two empty boxes and the 622...:)

Do you guys really mean 411 or is it the 211? I know that they are pretty much the same machine--411 missing NIC, which likely will not be used. I was thinking Dish did away with the 411, however, if you are receiving them, then I guess not. Just wondering...

I got my 411 activated over a month ago when they first came out. I replaced my 3rd 811 just out of a box because the 2nd one had died. PQ was amazingly better, and the sd PQ was almost watchable. :)

Tim

tonyp56 said:
Do you guys really mean 411 or is it the 211? I know that they are pretty much the same machine--411 missing NIC, which likely will not be used. I was thinking Dish did away with the 411, however, if you are receiving them, then I guess not. Just wondering...
They have stopped making them, but all the ones they have made, they are giving to people.

I noticed the better pic on the 411 over the 811 also. The colors look more saturated and brighter. Its not a artificial brighter but something that could have only come from improved hardware/software.

Mine is a 411, I bought off of ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts