811 to 622 or 722 Upgrade??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Offroad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
I currently have the following

811 Receiver - (for over two years)
AT100 and the OLD HD Pack
No Locals
Phone line connected - My Current Bill is: $39.98 per month.

I would like to upgrade to a HD-DVR receiver and keep my upgrade and monthly bill as low as possible. I'm looking at the following.

622 Receiver
AT100 - $29.99
New HD - $20
DVR Fee - $5.98
Total Per Month - $55.97

I thought you could get locals for $5 per month but on the Dish Website AT100 Plus Locals is $39.99 which would put my total with locals up to: $65.97

1. Will I also have to pay a lease fee on a 622 receiver and if so how much is it?

2. What will it cost me upfront including any installation fees to upgrade to a 622?

3. As an existing customer with no recent upgrades, what are the promotions and rebates I'm eligible for? How long are these available?

4. Is the 722 be available to me for the same upgrade charges? If not how long will I have to wait to get a similar deal on a 722?

5. Any advantage for an existing customer to upgrade through a dealer instead of directly though Dish?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Called Dish today about upgrading from my 811 to the 722.

They want $199 up front.
I can get a $100 rebate back but no promotion at all on the HD, so net cost to me is $100 with no break on programming costs to offset the upgrade.

I realize the 722 is new but I've been a customer for along time now and never used Dish-n-it-up before so you'd think I would be entitled to a better upgrade.

I'll check back with them later, but if this is the best they can do I think I'll wait for something better.

Called Dish today about upgrading from my 811 to the 722.

They want $199 up front.
I can get a $100 rebate back but no promotion at all on the HD, so net cost to me is $100 with no break on programming costs to offset the upgrade.

I realize the 722 is new but I've been a customer for along time now and never used Dish-n-it-up before so you'd think I would be entitled to a better upgrade.

I'll check back with them later, but if this is the best they can do I think I'll wait for something better.

Try emailing the ceo address, I am upgrading a 942 to a 722 and a 510 to a 622 for a total out of pocket cost of $99, the scheduled install is this Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts