811 to mitsu VS-50800 hookup problem-HELP

jeffrey1md

Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
I have the 811 receiver and the installer never hooked up the HDTV connection to the TV. Said he needed another cable and even though I have made several calls I cannot get him to come back. Thought I would try it myself but have no clue what to do. The TV is a Mitsubishi VS-50800. Which is HD compatable not HD ready. On the back of the TV it has a space labeled "High-Definition Interface". Within that space it has:
HDTV VIDEO
R G B H V looks like component inputs below letter I believe these are BNC connectors.
O O O O O

HDTV CONTROL HDTV AUDIO

o 15 PIN PLUG o L (mono) R looks like component inputs again
O O

I called Mitsubishi and they said that an RGB-CV10 would work. But guess what. They do not sell them anymore.
Can anybody help me? I would really like to get HDTV since I have the receiver

I have a 3 yr old Mitsubishi, HDTV compatible. I just hooked up the 811 to the Mits using the component cables. Works beautifully.
Tom in TX

Hi tom

What model TV do you have? Is there anyway you can describe how you hooked up the component cable from the dish to the tv?
Please see my original post. I think the rgb connecter coming off the 811 is different than the inputs on the back of my tv. I think they call the inputs BNC?
I look forward to your answer

Jeffery,

Those are BNC connectors on the back of your Mitsubishi. Your set will not accept a component input directly, hence the need for the RGB-CV10. This module converts your component input to an RGB signal with separate horizontal and vertical sync. Without the RGB-CV10 you may be out of luck. This set will work on STBs with an RGB 15-Pin HD output, but only in 1080i. All you would need is a 15-Pin HD to BNC 5-Wire cable. You could try a component to RGB converter (http://www.audioauthority.com/consumer.html) model 9A65, but I can not guarantee that it will work.

50803 owner here - you have limited choices if you want to use E* with the 1st gen. Mits HDTV's. Mitsubishi guessed wrong when they went with their goofy 1080i connection. The rest of the industry went with component connections.

You can use This and This in place of the CV10.

Or you can trade with someone - your 811 for a 6000. The 6000 has RGB output, so all you'd need is the breakout cable. I'm not sure who'd be getting the short end of the stick in that trade :rolleyes:

Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)