811 unit locking up when turning on to view

MF

Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Wanted to see if anyone is encountering problem where one turns on the 811 unit and no picture comes on. Next thing is that one tries to turn off the unit, but the unit stays powered on (blue light is still on). Have experienced this twice so far. On second time, I called Dish non-technical support who recommend I hold the power button for 5 seconds in order to do hard reset. This fixed it and I asked if this is a common problem being called in and what are they doing to fix this. Of course, got the standard reply" no, this is the first we have heard of this". Hard to believe since they knew the corrective action right away. Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone is seing this.

MF

It's happend to me 3 times a few weeks ago but hasn't done it since. Exactly as you described, and I just unplugged it and plugged it back in to fix it. Been having thunderstorms here around the same time it was happening so I thought maybe lightning in the area causing power problems, or a loss of signal while the unit was not on.

MF said:
...Hard to believe since they knew the corrective action right away. Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone is seing this.

MF

It is the fix to many 811 bugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)