811 upgrade, Dish 500 is OK?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tw66

Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Hello,

I just need a little guidance regarding an 811 receiver upgrade and my Dish 500. I have heard the problems with the 811 , but am still upgrading because of my desire to view HD. I am hoping to keep my 301 receiver to use for OTA if necessary. Is it necesary to have it installed, I mean, all you have to do is run the cables, correct? Also, I currently have a Dish 500. Will I receive all the HD programming available from Dish Network? Thanks for any help you can give.

tw66

tw66 said:
Hello,

I just need a little guidance regarding an 811 receiver upgrade and my Dish 500. I have heard the problems with the 811 , but am still upgrading because of my desire to view HD. I am hoping to keep my 301 receiver to use for OTA if necessary. Is it necesary to have it installed, I mean, all you have to do is run the cables, correct? Also, I currently have a Dish 500. Will I receive all the HD programming available from Dish Network? Thanks for any help you can give.

tw66

I've heard of some self installs of the 811 but not many. With the Dish 500 you have availability to all of the HD programming except CBS-HD which is on 61.5 (east) and 148 (west). Of course you have to subscribe to the HD programming package ($9.99) and the HBO and Sho channels to get it all.

Bobby, thanks for the reply, when you say I can not get CBS-HD, does that mean that I won't get any HD from my local CBS affiliate? Or do you mean from the national package that Dish network offers? Sorry for being a newbie to this , but am a little confused.
Thanks again,

tw66

No, he means you wouldn't be able to get the CBS-HD feed over the satellite. If you your local CBS affiliate is transmitting in HD on a Digital OTA channel, you would be able to receive it just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)