811 Upgrade for Existing DHP Customers

nuneza

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
I am new the the forum and I have searched for answers but none seem particularly currently relative to my question...

I am an existing DHP customer and really want an 811 receiver. CSRs at 800-333-DISH tell me that since I am a DHP customer (apparently the lowest form of life) my only option is to purchase the receiver for $399. I called again and asked to upgrade one of my current receivers and was told "I'll put you on the list but I don't know how much it will cost, we'll call you at some point in the future and let you know." I spoke with a frendly local dealer that told me that the "deal" for current customers is $199 but only if they did the original installation. I bought through Sams Club and as far as I can tell, that means that it was directly through Dish and not a re-seller.

I sure would appreciate some advise as to how I can proceed.

Thanks.

nuneza said:
I am new the the forum and I have searched for answers but none seem particularly currently relative to my question...

I am an existing DHP customer and really want an 811 receiver. CSRs at 800-333-DISH tell me that since I am a DHP customer (apparently the lowest form of life) my only option is to purchase the receiver for $399. I called again and asked to upgrade one of my current receivers and was told "I'll put you on the list but I don't know how much it will cost, we'll call you at some point in the future and let you know." I spoke with a frendly local dealer that told me that the "deal" for current customers is $199 but only if they did the original installation. I bought through Sams Club and as far as I can tell, that means that it was directly through Dish and not a re-seller.

I sure would appreciate some advise as to how I can proceed.

Thanks.

Sams Club is actually a retailer for DISH Network, but they only carry certificates, so they don't have in-house installation capabilities. The upgrade promotion requires that the retailer install the receiver.

Your only option is to use DISH directly at 800-333-DISH since you didn't use a full service retailer.

If you were activated prior to June 2003, you should qualify for the $99 DHP Upgrade. These are the rules:
Existing DHP Customer 811 Receiver Upgrade:
1) DHP customer must have been activated on or before June 1, 2003
2) Promo Code: RETHDDHP must be provided at the time of 811 activation
3) Customer pays their retailer $99
4) Customer agrees to purchase AT60/DISH Latino or higher for 12 consecutive months
5) Customer agrees to purchase the $9.99 per month HD Pack for 12 consecutive months
6) Customer enrolls in CCA, if not already enrolled, or pays DISH Network $24.95
7) Customer signs the 811 Receiver Upgrade for Existing DHP Customer Claim Form

If you were activated after June 03, your only option is to buy one for $399 if you can find any place that has one in stock. This option also doesn't come with the stiff penalties for early termination, or downgrading:

Cancellation Fee:
$240 charge imposed on the customer if their account is disconnected or if their subscription to qualified
programming is downgraded below AT60/DISH Latino at any time within the 12-month period following the
811 Receiver or 811 DISH Network HDTV Upgrade.
Termination Fee:
If the customers account is disconnected or if they downgrade their programming and do not subscribe to
the $9.99 HD Pack for 12 consecutive months, the customer agrees to pay a Termination Fee in an amount
equal to $9.99 (Monthly HD Pack cost) multiplied by the number of months remaining in such 12 months.​

Thank you for the timely and informative reply. I called the Executive Support Group and simply explained that we had tried the 800-333-DISH number twice and weren't able to get resolution. He offered us a $99 fee to upgrade one of the current receivers, and get this, they will ship the 811 today and I'll receive it in 3-5 days. He will provision the account now and to call him (he gave me his extention) when it's set up and he'll activate the HD programming. The only additional committment was to subscribe to the HD programming package for a term of 1 year. WOW! No mention at all of the need for CCA. He is including a label in the box for the return of the old receiver as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts