811 versus 301 output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

muskie-mike

Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
I have Dish and a 508 and 3 301 receivers. I would like to replace one of the 301s with an 811. I have a Mitsubishi 62 inh DLP and am wondering if I would get sharper SD channels from Dish using the component or DVI versus the S-video output from the 301? Also would Dish activate the 811 without the HD package, I get my HD channels OTA thru the tv tuner.

SD looks best using s-video (301 or 811) IMO. So you want to get the 811, without the HD package, and use the TV's tuner for OTA HD. Why is it you want the 811 then? If you purchase the 811 they will activate it without the HD package.

chevyN8 said:
SD looks best using s-video (301 or 811) IMO. So you want to get the 811, without the HD package, and use the TV's tuner for OTA HD. Why is it you want the 811 then? If you purchase the 811 they will activate it without the HD package.

I wanted the 811 for its component and dvi output. I assumed it would give me a better picture on my DLP over the s-video output I am now using from the 301..(for SD only)I may have assumed wrong..thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts