811 vs 211? Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glennh73

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Besides 211 being Mpeg 4 capable, what other differences are there between the 2?

I like my 811 cause with my Toshiba when i watch SD shows i get those gray bars on the sides, but with my 811 i can turn those black. CAn i do that with the 211? Im sure those with the 411 should now since its a 211.

Now i probably be the last to go to the 211 cause the new HD channels dont do much for me and since i have to pay about 5 bucks more if i go Silver Hd and i rather lose most of my SD channels first before i pay anymore.
Though this whole HDLITE is making me think i should just drop Voom and maybe all of Dish.

Is there any other fees if i would go to the 211? I have the 811 and 301 and i only pay 5 bucks for the 301.

(btw postage stamp went up 2 cents, stamps cost .39 cents):mad:

211 is essentialy an upgraded version of the 811. The 211 has HDMI instead of DVI-D ports and contians an ethernet port for future use. The menus are also like those found on the new receivers (i.e., the 625 and 942 models).

As to the extra cost on a lease, I am not sure. I own all my equipment and have never leased.

-Mark

glennh73 said:
Besides 211 being Mpeg 4 capable, what other differences are there between the 2?
I like my 811 cause with my Toshiba when i watch SD shows i get those gray bars on the sides, but with my 811 i can turn those black. CAn i do that with the 211? ...
You know, I've always heard that the black burns in more than the grey. With my SD now, I either leave it on grey or strech it to fill the screen.

Anybody here know which is better for burn-in, black or grey?

mdonnelly said:
You know, I've always heard that the black burns in more than the grey. With my SD now, I either leave it on grey or strech it to fill the screen.
Anybody here know which is better for burn-in, black or grey?

ABSOLUTELY!!! If you have to watch SD, watch with the gray side bars, or as I do strech the picture to fill the whole screen!!!

You should try to minimize viewing with ANY black bars!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)