811 vs 411

steve617

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Just wondering if my 811 will recieve everything that the 411 will recieve. More important I would like to get all of the new vooms when they are available. I have sats. 61.5, 110, 119.

Thanks for any info.

Steve

The 411 does MPEG4 while the 811 does not.

While you will get the new VOOM channels and ESPN2HD when they become available next week, you might lose them in March when they go strictly to MPEG4.

So you want to make sure if you are buying now to get a MPEG4 receiver. :)

I assume they are a chance that the 811 can have a software upgraded. You talking about people getting mad when they have something then its taken away. I got my 811 about 3 weeks ago. I have it leased thru dish.

Thanks for explaining it.

Steve

The 811 can not be software upgraded to support MPEG4, a hardware swapout will be necessary.

Dish will be announcing swap out plans for exisiting customers soon, however at the moment there is no upgrade path set.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 411 does MPEG4 while the 811 does not.

While you will get the new VOOM channels and ESPN2HD when they become available next week, you might lose them in March when they go strictly to MPEG4.

So you want to make sure if you are buying now to get a MPEG4 receiver. :)
Scott I missed this are you saying based on info you received that next weeks 5 more Voom channels also ESPN2 HD will be MPEG2?

I thought that was an unknown till next thursday at 11 AM Vegas time.

Reason I ask I have a new not opened IPOD 30 GIG Video player I want to take back get the dollars to buy a 411 box only if I need 411 for Next weeks additons.

Thanks

trido

Scott,
What happens on Feb. 1st? I haven't been able to keep up with things on the boards lately, did I miss something other than Dish having some announcements this week at CES??

Scott what do you think the swap out deal will be on the 411?? Also do you think they will charge extra for the 5 add on's to Voom?? I'm really thinking about getting the Dish 1000 by the end of the month to get the Voom. But what will deterime that for me will be if they charge more for the add on's. Anyway I'm sure someone will let us know on here as soon as they can. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts