811 waiting list

mdanderson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
Garland,Tx.
Has anyone gotten a call or a postcard lately regarding their status on the 811 receiver. I have been on the list since January 25th but I have heard nothing. Whenever I call Dish they tell me I am still on the waiting list and that it should not be too much longer. Thanks for any information.

Write an email to ceo@echostar.com and explain you have been waiting for an 811 for quite some time and are looking at alternatives to Dish. This worked for me after waiting 6 weeks for an 811. I received a phone call from Dish 20 minutes after I sent the email and had the 811 installed a couple of days later. Good luck!

I mailed ceo in early feb, a few weeks after getting put on the list.

About 3 weeks ago, I got a call saying "you were on the list, and we have them now!". But, had already grabbed one from the ceo email i sent.

So, in short it looks like people are finally getting called who are on the wait list.

For what it's worth: I called and was put on the list on January 27th, got a call to schedule the install March 3rd, installed March 11th.

My installer told me that there were two HD installs scheduled for that day, but only one HD receiver had arrived, mine was the first scheduled for the day so I got mine installed, the other guy was rescheduled...

I too emailed the CEO and received a call w/in an hour. Couldn't take the call and got the number to call back on. However, I forgot about it and let it sit for 1-2 weeks. When the Viacom blackout hit, I received a call from CS and they had offered me the 811 for $99 ($100 less than original deal) and I jumped on it. My install is Saturday and now I can join the ranks of complaining about HD!!!

Ditto for me too... use ceo@echostar.com and tell them nicely you don't have to wait for an HD receiver from cable... oh, and make sure cable isn't actually a better deal (I am thinking of selling my 811 and going to cable as I type this).

Ordered my 811 on March 3rd. E-mailed the CEO after reading about the responses others got by doing so. They e-mailed me back and told me to call to schedule an install. They'll be here April 3rd.

Got it as promised. Installer was here at 8:15 AM. Said it was only is 2nd install of an 811 but everything seems to be working great. I have not seen any of the problems others have mention on the forum ... yet..

ki6dy said:
Got it as promised. Installer was here at 8:15 AM. Said it was only is 2nd install of an 811 but everything seems to be working great. I have not seen any of the problems others have mention on the forum ... yet..

Awesome.....I got my 811 a week ago and I too have had no problems. I love it and my wife is NUTS over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts