811's, OTA & Diplexer (DP-3020) Causing Sat Reception Problems?

ChadH

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Chicago
Today I installed a Winegard DP-3020 diplexer to power my Winegard OTA antenna and combine the SAT and OTA signals to 2 811’s. The OTA signal strength is running at 90% but now I’m having problems with the satellite signal dropping out?! The DP-3020 was installed after the switch and I’m using 2 radio shack diplexers at the 811’s rated at 2150 Mhz.

When I press the “System Info” button on the front of one of the 811’s, one of the 3 satellites is always unavailable and it’s never the same one as on previous attempts. Browsing through the sat channels the “Searching for Satellite” screen comes up and, when I’m doing this, the other 811 cuts out as well!

The only doubt I have is that the 3' radio shack coax that was “recommended” for use between the swich and DP-3020 may not be RG-6 (model 15-1541). Is this the potential cause of my problem or does it sound more serious? Should I also use RG-6 rated coax between the diplexers and receivers? BTW, my 311 receiver plugged directly into the switch is working fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)