82w in northern maryland

marvelouzone

Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Baltimore MD
I have a slimline dish I'd like to repurpose. Does anyone know if it'd be big enough to pull 82W? how could I go about mounting a dp single lnb to it to make sure the focal point is still correct? would I have to skew dish since it's oval/elliptical even though single lnb normally dont need skewing?

I'm using a 76cm Winegard in Lancaster, PA (about 70 miles north of you) and I'm getting just enough signal to watch TV (60s-70s signal strength). I haven't used an elliptical dish, so I don't know how it would compare. Since you are noticeably south of me, I'm guessing you would need a fairly large dish.

I'm using a 76cm Winegard in Lancaster, PA (about 70 miles north of you) and I'm getting just enough signal to watch TV (60s-70s signal strength). I haven't used an elliptical dish, so I don't know how it would compare. Since you are noticeably south of me, I'm guessing you would need a fairly large dish.

I tried my idea but kept hitting 77w, and no 82w, guess i'll try a 1 or 1.2 meter dish, that'll probably do it, if a 76 is working for you 70 miles north.

Are you getting all useable transponders? how about rain fade? any signal dropout at certain times of the day or night?

I had a lot of interference with 77W as well. Took a lot of tweaking before 82W finally showed up. I do get all usable transponders, but rain fade is a problem. Don't notice dropout by time of day, though.

I am much further south the you and was able to get 82 on a 30" dish. When using an elliptical dish, be sure that the LNB is looking in the center, or else the highest gain will not be achieved. I have a 4 foot dish for 82 now and get all transponders no problem; all are above 70%. It is hard to get without having a TV outside connected to a Bell receiver because there is really no gap between the signal from 77, Dish Mexico and some Dish Network programming, and Bell 82.

I would be much more worried about 91. If you can get 91, then you can get 82.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts