8300HD External Storage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
Hello everyone... hope you are all getting ready for the upcoming HD expansion...I kid when I'm nervous, sorry!

Anyway, can someone please give me the link to past posts or just give me info on the external hard drive storage for my 8300HD box??

Thanks in advance!!!

I have this one and it works like a charm...500g version. It was 180 when I got it. It's recommended on Cablevision's FAQ page for extra storage along with a Western Digital one that I couldn't find anywher at the time.

Apricorn Products

It's great. I am not even at 50% full and I have The entire SuperBowl + and extra 2 hours of postgame, 2 lost episodes, 4 John Adams episodes, 3 original Star Wars movies, The Mummy, and A LOT more...ALL HD. Worth the price IMO. I have not needed to erase something I wanted to keep or to delete something I hadn't watched yet in order to free up space.

pete

Pete...thank you very much! That's the info I was looking for. I'm gonna place my order tomorrow. Now, is there someway to transfer your recorded copy of the Super Bowl to my DVR:p

Thanks again!!!

Bill

If I could had the equiptment to get the SB off, I would send it to you. You can get it in SD next month on the Giants Super Bowl DVD (4 discs, all (or most) playoff games)

Anyway, VERY IMPORTANT:

Should you ever need to disonnect the Xpander and/or your 8300, always power off and unplug the 8300 first, then power off the xPander. Doing this in the wrong order risks needing to re-format the xPander, thus losing any shows you have recorded on it's hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)