886 changes in channel tables happened today 3pm PDT

Smith P.

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
[All those channels changed values in descriptor 93h.]

In short - new encryption [N3] is spreading and more channels require 'purple' G3 card..

Last edited:
For those of us less savy on the terms, could you give the sense of what that means in more common terms?

It means that Dish's new encryption system (to combat signal theft) is being added to more and more channels. Soon, all channels on Dish's system will be under the new encryption (Nagravision 3, or N3).

What should I do with my older receivers with N2 cards that are not currently activated?

I wound up with an extra purple card due to a receiver swap, is it usable if I ever decide to activate one of my unactivated boxes or should I just toss it?

I wound up with an extra purple card due to a receiver swap, is it usable if I ever decide to activate one of my unactivated boxes or should I just toss it?
Keep them for you future activation(s).

That was Dish 'verbal' countermeasure - to prevent ppl from using it different ways.
In reality, the G3 'purple' cards serving by same procedure as before - Dish send a 'hit' ie do 'marry' it to particular receiver by pair of Sxxx and Rxxx numbers and writing into it permissions for subscribed packages. Been there, done that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)