9/29/2016 05:54 - Uplink Report - 125 Changes

Too bad we can't use titantv's guide data on the Hopper.
IF they added it as an application , we could . It is available as an app at the app store for apple. It provides even sub channel guide information for my local channels. This would be great if they added this app and it would be very useful. It would finally give us the guide information we need for sub channels and it wouldn't cost anything for DISH. It is free to the public.

IF they added it as an application , we could . It is available as an app at the app store for apple. It provides even sub channel guide information for my local channels. This would be great if they added this app and it would be very useful. It would finally give us the guide information we need for sub channels and it wouldn't cost anything for DISH. It is free to the public.
Dish used to have a TV Guide app in Dish Home, and they dropped that, so I don't think Dish is interested in providing any guide apps. :(

Well I really hate to have to contact dish about this but I have a feeling they will do nothing if I don't (and probably still will not do anything if I do).

It turns out the guide info for WSBT 22.2 Fox is showing up on the wrong channel, the H&I channel WSJV 28.1 has the Fox stations guide info. The uplink report says to rename WSJV to change to WSBT2? Well when that happened WSBT2(Fox) guide info dissappeared and still has not returned 12 days later. DISH just needs to move the guide from WSJV 28.1 to 22.2 WSBT. Or does dish not update OTA channels anymore or something? I hope Dish reads these threads.

any new news when the youtube app will be coming to the hopper 3 thanks sorry to be bothersome just wondering what is going on?

I guess you'll see it when we see it Allen. Continuing to ask about it doesn't speed the process....
you are right about that bobby i understand what you are talking about it would not take that long for dish to turn the app on already they already uplinked the app,renamed the app,found a channel on 371 right next to netflix.for the new app.last month we got a football app.i am just wondering why it is taking so long for the app to come on our hopper 3's already.

OH Boy...
YouTube apps are so easy to come by for crying out loud.

Do you have a Smart TV Allen? and a Home Network?
How about a Smart phone?

192d848aa2752c7483e09dff2833dab7.jpg

See that little Box at the top Allen, that looks like a TV with a WiFi signal Icon?
Press that and it magically appears on your smart TV.
Or better Yet, Use the smart TV app.
Or Roku app, or Blu-ray app.

What is the obsession with You Tube on the Hopper?

OH Boy...
YouTube apps are so easy to come by for crying out loud.

Do you have a Smart TV Allen? and a Home Network?
How about a Smart phone?

192d848aa2752c7483e09dff2833dab7.jpg

See that little Box at the top Allen, that looks like a TV with a WiFi signal Icon?
Press that and it magically appears on your smart TV.
Or better Yet, Use the smart TV app.
Or Roku app, or Blu-ray app.

What is the obsession with You Tube on the Hopper?
this is why i record bands and car show every week and i use a camcorder that does 1080p and great surround sound and i would like to see my videos on my hopper 3 i have a tv that does have the youtube app.i would like to hear the music from the camcorder through my 5.1 surround system instead of watching it on my tv all the time.i understand we cannot watch the youtube app in 4k what scott is saying the dish did not put one of those chips that does 4k in the hoipper 3.i was just wondering why it is taking so long for the app to be added.

i have a tv that does have the youtube app.i would like to hear the music from the camcorder through my 5.1 surround system instead of watching it on my tv all the time.i understand we cannot watch the youtube app in 4k

It could very well be that the YouTube app on the Hopper ends up stereo only. Isn't the Netflix app still limited to stereo vs. 5.1 surround?

Reactions: Tampa8
It could very well be that the YouTube app on the Hopper ends up stereo only. Isn't the Netflix app still limited to stereo vs. 5.1 surround?
the last time i checked the netflix app does 5.1 surround sound i use a 5.1 surround sound system that is bluetooth that vizio puts out and it sounds great using the netflix app.some friends of mine i talk to now have surround systems that does 7.0 right now.

with me my vizio 5.1 surround system is bluetooth that is connected to my hopper 3 i also have a pair of bluetooth headphones that i listen to in the computer room while i am working on all the bands and car shows that i do every week.it actually sounds pretty good.i just wonder if the youtube app will be in 5.1 surround sound when the app launches on the hopper 3 real soon.

Well Allen, let me break it to you gently. I tried both Roku and Apple TV Youtube apps. I played several programs that said they were 5.1 including one that said 5.1 Test. All of them played in 2.1. Then I did some Googling and found that Youtube, itself, doesn't support 5.1. So, good luck with your hope that the Hopper will give you 5.1 Youtube...

Reactions: TheKrell
I'm wondering if the channel 7095(30) - ESBT being removed is what broke the guide info. WSBT 22-2 used to be SBT2 on Channel 30 on DISH in the South Bend, IN market. It is listed under channel removals on this uplink update at the time Fox officially moved to 22-2 replacing Independent SBT2. The guide data used to work but now it just says Digital Service.

I get Chicago locals and can only get this channel OTA. It is a new Fox affiliate but the correct guide data for 22-2 is instead showing up on 28.1, that is no longer FOX it is now the H&I channel.

Does anyone know what email address for Echostar to contact so I can get this fixed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts