Status
Not open for further replies.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
The phone forum went from 1 forum to 9?!?

I really liked having the vendor specific news feeds in one thread each in the one forum. Perhaps a new thread could be started each month to control the size of the thread. But, now we have forums of threads that are essentially links to DSL reports which I also visit. That is what annoyed me about the phone forum before the news feeds got put into single threads.

If you don't like them then turn them off in your control panel.

Since making the change, traffic and posts have shot up. And that's a GOOD thing. :)

Thumbs up

I was at first confused, then annoyed by the expansion of the Phone Zone.
Then I tried it, and after 5 minutes was looking for a thread to compliment you on a well executed change.

It don't hurt to try to add multiple forums in the phone section, especially seeing how many more people have phones than satellite dishes even. He can always make changers later if the results are not well but they appear to be so far.

Well after a few days it is not so bad, I can skim through them pretty quick. It was just a shock to see my forum list get so big all the sudden.

We always take chances and try different things to keep people coming back and talking here, some work and some don't.

I am kind of shocked at how much the traffic picked up by doing this.

This was one I can say that worked.

Might need to consider co-branding.

An additional name reflecting the inclusion of all video sources and phones, etc. All pointing to the same site, of course. Might pull in folks and ride the smartphone wave.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I am kind of shocked at how much the traffic picked up by doing this.

This was one I can say that worked.

Question is, how many were first timers and how many already established customers?

Might need to consider co-branding.

An additional name reflecting the inclusion of all video sources and phones, etc. All pointing to the same site, of course. Might pull in folks and ride the smartphone wave.

If there was perhaps a different front page for a different web name and they shared forums, but perhaps had different front page news feeds.

Since making the change, traffic and posts have shot up. And that's a GOOD thing. :)
I think your stats are broken.... You can look at the individual forums and see nothing unusual from threads started or even updated.

One good thing, for myself at least, is I won't have to read about Windows Phones, BB, and carrier info for companies I have no dealings with !

I think your stats are broken.... You can look at the individual forums and see nothing unusual from threads started or even updated.

One good thing, for myself at least, is I won't have to read about Windows Phones, BB, and carrier info for companies I have no dealings with !

With a bunch of individual threads search engines have more results to return that point here.

Haha ! Now Poke has his own forum for his Windows Phone butt-kissing threads !!
Poke posts lots of iPhone-related content.
That's what I read.

If he's a WinPhone whore, it doesn't show. ;)
Hell, I thought he was an Apple-lover! lol !

I only have (4) of the (9) sub-forums showing (Android, iOS, General, and Verizon). I can't speak for the other (5) but based on what I see in these (4), I think the forum could be renamed to.....

Poke's Phone Forum

:D :D

I only read two forums: iOS and General.
This whole feature where you can block the others is ... Pointless.
I have absolutely no trouble ignoring them.

But because I DO skip many of the other forums, I ocassionally miss an interesting item.
So maybe three sub-forums would suffice: Carriers, Phones, and General.
But i am in no way suggesting change to the structure!
That sort of change just #%^* people off! :)

What would be nice is some technical talk.
The news items barely get comments.
So, the Cellular department currently seems pointless.
How do we get the action that Howard forums has, into cellular?

The news items barely get comments.
So, the Cellular department currently seems pointless.
How do we get the action that Howard forums has, into cellular?
In the past, the moderators here were constantly moving the new "news" threads and combining them into one master thread. Saying they barely get comments is an understatement.

Is Howard Forums still around ? Doesn't matter... This is a satellite-centric site. The phone forums, cable, AV, etc will NEVER get higher traffic like a site dedicated to phones and so on. That's not a bad or negative thing either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)