91W Eclipse of the Sun

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well coming form a SATlook I see why you are unhappy with the SA of the birdog. In any case the birdog's SA is still usefull but no match to a dedicated SA or the Satlook's.

A Bigger screen on the Satlook specially when you can also set the sweep span with also the Signal level of the marker's frecuency makes a big difference. the birdog can adjust the span and shows the marker frecuency but although there is a grid there is no reference level in any axis at all. Although limited , its SA is still usefull if wisely used.

I could see the noise floor raising and going down today with the dish parked at 135W and the LNB shadow dead center at far west. CNR levels were less that 5 dB (4.3 I think) when the birdog finally grabbed the lock again at 0 quality and just around 20% Q after BER with the constellation dots all over the place, this was with the DVB-S Univision signals (without a lock there is no constellation map neither CNR levels). I had never seen the constellation map so distorted before since usually one peak signal first and then look at the map later. It was fun to watch but this time the kid did not looked at the sun but I almost surrended to the temptation, lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)