9200 for existing Bell customers

Satellite Expert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
Be advised that Bell has adopted a policy of NOT selling 9200s to existing customers.

They want to use their 9200 stock for the new customer rental program only. Part of an email from Expressvu to The Source by Circuit City store managers:
"Recently, the popularity of the Rental program has picked up dramatically and it will continue over the balance of Q4 to be the focus of ExpressVu's new customer promotional and advertising acquisition activity.
Therefore, it is important that we carefully manage our inventory of systems over the next several weeks to ensure we have sufficient stock in the right locations at the right time to satisfy the growing interest in our Rental program. As a result, we will not be able to fulfill all system orders placed by retailers.

We will, however, attempt to fulfill all receiver orders in an effort to ensure that our existing customers needs are taken care of. We appreciate your understanding while we work through our current tight inventory situation. Thank you."

Effective immediately, all ExpressVu System sales have been taken off The Source Advantage Web Site.

The only accounts that will be able to order systems are dealers that have been set up to sell and install Rental. If we find they are not using this inventory for Rental installations and are using it for Out Right Hardware sales, we will refuse further system shipments.

Kindest regards,

*** ******* Account Representative Bell Distribution Inc"

thank you very much for the info....I recently received an email from a retailer stating that the cannot "sell" anymore 9200s, just "rent" them. I was planning on going HD soon...I'm a little disappointed.

Do they just want customers to go to *C???

Hi

Are you sure because I just bought my second one at bell world in vaughn mills mall in ontario, they had about 8 in stock, maybe only second tier stores outside of bell world follow those rules but this bell world store was not. That rule does not apply to bell world stores or some future shops, don'y ask me why, but I proved it by buying my second one and I am a existing customer, the rep there was ot sure where you were getting you information or the information you have is not enforced by bell or it may be a option for second tier stores only.

I just emailed KUSAT and they told me that they cannot sell the 9200, only rent it. It seems like a bad deal to rent the 9200 for $25/month with a $49 upfront fee.

I guess EV knows they have the best in HD service in Canada and just want to make the money while they can.

This is only temporary because there is a very limited stock for them. Bev did not anticipate that it would sell so well.

Jumbo Dumbo said:
They have gone to a "rent only" on all receivers because Nagra 2 is totally hacked out.
If that is the reason....it would not make sense when you can buy all the NAGRA 2 stuff you want on the online auctions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)